Zellers / Floor model bike

1 Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

Today I tried to buy my daughter a new bike for Christmas, and once I'd found an employee to finally help me out... she was incredibly rude, sarcastic and unwilling to help. She pointed to the dirty, damaged floor model and told me to just take that one. I asked if that was the last one, to which she replied no. There were others in storage but she wouldn't get a new one until they got around to restocking the floor models. She was simply too lazy to get a new one for me to buy. So I'm stuck with a dinged up dirty one - my daughter will always wonder why Santa brought her a bike with a dirty seat and tires, and a big ding/paint chip in the front fender. As there was no offered discount even after I had asked for one, I paid the same amount as anyone else who will walk in after the new bike is brought to the display. I panicked and bought the bike due to the fact it is already close to Christmas and it's the only bike my daughter wanted. Why should my child have a dirty one for the same money as a new one from the storage room???
That's NOT OK. I'll be returning it in the morning to demand they get off their lazy butts and get a new one instead. If I'd wanted to buy a second hand one, I'd have gone somewhere else.
I'll never go back there after this mess is sorted out.
Rude and lazy employees are one thing, but this is a whole new level of pathetic service.

Comments

• Ba
      24th of Dec, 2010

work for a zellers, the question you need to ask is are there any more of that bike built, because we cannt sell un built bikes due to some dicks lawsuit, he bought an unbuilt bike screwed up putting it together got hurt then sued the zellers he bought it from, so if there were more of that bike out back you couldnt have one because it wasnt built, we dont keep built bikes anywhere but on the sales floor

• Ji
      26th of Aug, 2011

Like what bam19 said.. chances are they were some in storage, unbuilt. We have to wait for the bike guy to come assemble them, and we can't take things out of storage whenever a customer requests/demands. It doesn't work that way. You should have considered calling another zellers, or have the service desk at the zellers you were at call, and see if they can secure you one, or even have it delivered to that specfic zellers to be picked up.
    Also, not to try and sound rude, but.. if the bike was dirty and such, you could try running a cloth over it.