Z Gallerie / poor customer service and product quality

I write this e-mail to inform the audience about the so-called "service" Z gallerie delivered us in its shop in Nashville, Z gallerie store #82

located 2126 Abbott Martin Rd

TN 37215

here are the facts :
I bought last summer a large number of items for a total of 5774 Us Dollars (mostly furniture) and ask for a delivery by the end of September.

As I was relocated by my company, in Nashville , I was expected this furniture to be able to settle down with my family in my new place.

First Problem : The delivery was never made... I called the shop , being informed that the table I ordered was discontinued, therefore all the delivery was cancelled ... Never been contacted , first bad impression.

Second problem : Due to the fact that the table was discontinued, I went to the shop and selected an other table (Promises, promises it is available) and scheduled a new delivery - 3 weeks delay... very good news....

third problem : Finally, the table was delivered BROKEN on the October 5th, 2006 !!!!!
we did not realize that the table was broken because it was the extension kit (Not visible at the delivery time),
so go back to the shop, there the manager informed us he will have to visit us and identify the problem, We add to call him 15 TIMES and eventually he came to our house and obviously report the problem and ask us to wait till the company in charge of shipping came and pick up the table (20 phones calls till the shipping company came). Off course, they are protected as they don't have the furniture back, no chance to get your money back.

Fourth problem : Finally, the delivery company came to pick up the table and chairs on NOVEMBER 14th (6 WEEKS between broken table delivery and pick up)

last problem : We are now on December 06 th and STILL NO MONEY REFUND on our account (obviously we call every day and the answer is always the same, promises, promises, the Headquarter is dealing with the issue.....)

You can imagine how irritated we are !!!!

I sent this e-mail to the HQ customer service in California ,I did not receive any answer...

Conclusion : caution with this Z Gallerie company , ready to steal your money, but inefficient on product quality and customer relationship.

Va

Comments

• Sc
      14th of Mar, 2007

I agree totally with you on this one. this is a shady company that does not have the first inkling on how to deal with people. In my experience their whole staff is completely unimpressive and not qualified to be greeters at your local Wal Mart. The products they sell are prefab low quality knock-offs of good furniture companies.

9th of Apr, 2007

Z Gallerie - Pittsburgh location - South Side

Order a $1,600 couch back on 2/18/07. The couch was to be delivered within a few weeks. The delivery was at first delayed until late March (3/26). Then the couch was damaged on delivery. A new couch was ordered by the store to be delivered on 4/9/07. the couch was damaged a 2nd time. Everyone is pointing fingers and playing dumb. now I am fighting to get a refund. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS PITTSBURGH STORE OR Z GALLERIE IN GENERAL!!! I have never been treated like this by anyone. Not only has it been almost two months since first purchasing this item, the customer service is unacceptable.

• Je
      19th of Nov, 2007

I ordered a couch back in July,finally got it in September. Wrong color and my coffee table was damaged. Finally just cancelled my couch order in November. Worst customer service ever from the customer service supervisor Breanna Nanney. Awful experience! BEWARE!

• Ka
      5th of Apr, 2009

I purchased some curtain rods from the store in Pembroke gardens, Pembroke pines, Florida 4/3/09. I payed cash and was disapponted with the product. I returned the over priced goods and was due a refund of $101. They went on to tell me they do not keep cash in the store and I they will mail me a check in 10 business days. I was tempted to break all their "expensive" items in the store and tell them I will mail them a check for the damages. What kind of dumb policy can't refund me $101 on the spot when I paid cash. The count down is on for my refund and I better get it!

I will NEVER shop at this store again!

Karen

• De
      29th of Jul, 2009

I purchased accessories from Z gallerie two weeks ago and paid for them with my debit card. Of course, the funds were immediately deducted from my account. Two weeks later I returned a few of the items and was told my account would be credited. It has been 4 days now and the money has still not been credited to my bank account. My bank advised me that the merchant determines how quickly they refund your money... This is down right theft...they've kept my money hostage...no wonder they are going bankrupt...looks as though they practice robbing peter to pay paul. USE CASH IF YOU CHOOSE TO SHOP HERE!!! If it takes much longer I will be considering finding a way to file a class action law suit...Anyboy interested?

Deb

• Br
      28th of Feb, 2013

I purchased a dinette set (base, glass and 4 chairs) in late October 2012. I was advised that the delivery would not be made until late December 2012. Upon arrival the chairs were damaged and the base had scratches on it. I immediately contacted Z Gallerie's customer service and was promised a new set. The 2nd set of chairs arrived and were damaged, as well. In late February 2013, I received another set of chairs and a new base and all pieces were worse than the initial set received in November 2012. I spent over $1500.00 on the entire set and was offered less than $300.00 ($222.00 debit refund or a $275.00 Z Gallerie gift card) to keep the set, as is. I quickly declined the offer and asked for a full refund. I contacted customer service via email and left several messages and have not heard back from anyone. Not only is the quality of the furniture is poor, but the Customer Service is, too. Tamara

• Yu
      26th of Jul, 2016

The chairs are gorgeous but it has been 2 months and I still do not have chairs in good condition. The first delivery came with 2 broken chairs. The second delivery came with 1 broken chair. For the third delivery the truck broke down and my delivery got pushed two hours and I have been told that if I cannot accommodate the new delivery time the I have to schedule for another day. So far I have taken 3 days off work to be home and receive the "broken chairs" and Z Gallerie shows no concern to make this work for me, the customer. I have called customer service three times and the last time I was offered $100 to keep the $299 broken chair- their customer service reps are rude and know nothing about serving the customer. I will never buy here again and definitely do not recommend anyone buying anything if it has to be shipped. This is not the quality and service I would have expected for paying premium prices. Never again

• Pr
      23rd of Oct, 2018
    Z Gallerie - service/ checkout
    Dallas
    Texas

3 cashiers at the register, 1 checking out, 2 looking at catalog with no one in line. After waiting 10 mins cashier 1 tells me I can wait until she return from the car or go to the next register and wait in the line to check out. By this time the line has 4 ppl to check out. I should have been serviced before anyone else since I'd been waiting.