Yourmechanic.com / The tech arrived too late and fixed the car too long

1 Mountain View, AR, United States Review updated:

The company www.yourmechanic.com is terrible and they provide slow and inappropriate services. I made the appointment on Monday, 10 a.m. I arrived and the tech hasn’t showed up till 1 p.m. It was nightmare for me, because he told me that the whole work would take 2 hours, but he changed cylinders and within 8 hours. It was so unprofessional and dishonest towards me. Not recommended.

At
Jul 10, 2015

Comments

• Ex
      12th of Jul, 2015

They are never on time and they lie. We've had 4 or 5 bozos' at my house. None of them fixed my son's car. One guy, Joe, promised he'd be here at 1:00pm - he showed up at 5:00pm. Then after 15 min., he said he had 2 more jobs to do, so he left & promised to come back. Never came back! This all started on Monday, 7/6/15, and now today 7/12/15, the car is still sitting here unable to be driven. He determined the part he needed to fix the car was a "block sensor" but when removing the old part, it broke and he said he needed a special tool in order to remove it . That was yesterday morning and he promised us that he would be back in the afternoon as he also had a couple more jobs he had to get to.- another no-show. Our non-mechanic neighbor came over & with the use of 2 needle-nosed pliers, he was able to easily remove this 'hard to remove' piece. After waiting for a week to get this car fixed, we called their main office to possibly find a reputable mechanic that could come out & finish the job & were told the nearest appointment would be Thursday 7/16/15. Every mechanic that showed up would work on it periodically, and then leave saying they had another job to do. What's with that? Once you're at a job, shouldn't you finish it up before going onto the next?