YourCardAccount.com / These guys make the IRS blush!

They bought my credit balance from Providian a Washington mutual owned company I have no complaint about Providian other than they gave my account to the idiot/crooks or whatever they are at SST. My first payment of $77 was due on may 13the and I paid it but today I get a call that I am $177 dollars past due and they have racked up about $100 in penalties. These guys make the IRS blush. A quick search on the net tells me that I have stepped on a land mine and am off to the bank tomorrow to get a home equity loan so I can cut this cancer out of my life. I feel very sorry for people who find themselves in this situation with out the resources to deal with these predators. You have to wonder how they can operate with so many complaints, but then Georgia may allow this sort of behavior. Please somebody start the class action suit.

SST Credit cards somewhere in Georgia. www.YOURCARDACCOUNT.COM.

Cl

More YourCardAccount.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ab
      30th of May, 2007

Please please please... Someone do something. I'm one of these people that really does not have the resources to deal with these guys... When I had my providian/Wamu card, I never once made a late payment. When my card was sold to sst, I was never able to make a payment online. The website NEVER works, and when I'd call to make a payment over the phone, I realized they'd charge me an arm and a leg! Now I've racked up a late fee that I can't dig myself out of, and YET AGAIN, am unable to pay this bill online as I pay all my bills online. This company calls me ALL THE TIME. And they even called my PLACE OF BUSINESS and left a message for me to call but left no information as to why they were calling. HOW EMBARRASSING!!!

• Nm
      31st of May, 2007

When they were the other credit card company they were ok, once my account was changed to this idiot like company sst, i have had problems.

Two days ago i attempted to pay my bill on line (like i always do) and it came back http error 404 page can not be displayed this went on for two days on and off... Finally this morning (using the same computer) i get through.. But i called anyway to see what was up with the web site problems i had been having. The gal first of all verified everything except how many times i used the bathroom this month...

Then she "suggests" i may want to pay by phone... Since today is thursday and no payments are proceeded saturday and my payment is due monday...

Hello kitty... I have been trying to log on for over 24 hours now... So is this s scam or what??? Is the web site down by their choice.... Then they hope to get a customer who is worried about the payment making it in on time so wham they hit you for a "payment by phone fee" ya right!

Sounds like a scam in progress to me!

• Je
      29th of Jun, 2007

My credit card account was also sold to SST and they have me bent over a barrell too. I made 2 payments in a month but they were sent 2 weeks apart (the 1st for May and the 2nd payment for June) Rather than applying the 2nd payment to my June bill, they applied both payments to the May bill and are now charging me a late fee for June. They state it is not their policy to waive late fees regardless of the circumstances. I have spoken to 3 people about this and asked to speak to a supervisor - who never happens to be there and doesn't return my calls.

They told me they can't apply the 2nd payment to June even though they recieved my payment the same day as the June billing cycle began. I have been trying to log in to pay it so I don't get charge another late fee and the website has been down the whole time. They suck. I am thoroughly p.o.'ed at them.

• Ke
      7th of Jul, 2007

SST does suck. Since my wamu account was sold my bills have been screwed up!

• Su
      8th of Jul, 2007

I fully agree that SST is a sketchy operation. I also had no communication problems to report with WAMU/Providian. When my account was sold to SST it was a mess from the beginning..Often not reachable by phone or on line for days at a time. I made a recent payment, exactly as I had prior, and it got kicked back with a late fee. They refused to address the problem saying they cannot reverse the fee - neither would they provide a supervisor. I left it unpaid waiting for a reasonable response. Had to go overseas for 3 weeks and returned to over 30 phone messages that clogged my answering machine from them (as it turns out) for PAYMENT. So, clearly they have resources when it works to their benefit. No other credit company I've dealt with has been this pathetic. What can we do? Is there a regulatory commission that would investigate them, perhaps facilitate the return of these bogus fees they're racking up? I know I'm looking for another lender to buy me out of their B.S.

• Pa
      13th of Aug, 2007

I agree. I do not know what credit card I am paying for. SSt say I am late in making a payment , well tell me which card I am paying for. Also I do not have any cards with the number they say I am paying on. Why pay on something if you do not know which card or whatever your suppose to be paying for. How can you pay on something to try and pay when it (balance) never goes down.

Patty Meyer.

• Su
      20th of Aug, 2007

They are parasites!

• Me
      19th of Sep, 2007

they are a rip off i have got charged more fees then i spent on the card its outragious!

• Aj
      23rd of Sep, 2007

I agree with all that is said in all of the complaints. My account to was sold to this shamefull company.
    They are impossible to deal with. And I can never access thier site. What can we do about this. We need to find out how we can file a class action suit.

23rd of Sep, 2007

You need to contact your state you live in.. I would try the Better Business Buruea they should be able to tell you who you need to call.

IF there are enough people effected and these problems can be verified it would qualify for class action suit and their are plenty of lawyers out their willing to take them on.

Look for one ( a lawyer) who does not charge a fee unless they win.

The very good things about these lawyers is they don't take cases they don't think they can win.

I would also call your state reps,,, that strongly dislike companys that work this way in their state.. IF nothing else they should also tell you who to contact..

Don't forget the attorney general in your state.

These are all free and easy people to contact.

Something most certainly smells rotten.

• La
      23rd of Sep, 2007

When sst first took over i did not receive a statement, so i missed the first payment. They charged me late charge and then since that put me overlimit they charged that fee too.

When i called to complain that how was i to pay a bill when i have no statement they told me i should just 'know' when my bill was due and paid it anyway. When i argued that who possibly remembers the due date of each bill w/o a billing statement the 'customer service rep' said she does!

Well i work, have three kids (going in 6 directions) and a husband and a house to run. I sit dowm to do my bills, with statements then pay online scheduleing them though the month. As others have said i can't get their website to work, and 3 days after you pay it they add more finance charges anyway.... oh by the way you can't schedule a payment more than 4 days in advance either? In short sst sucks!

• Kr
      9th of Oct, 2007

My Providian account was also sold to SST with no prior knowledge. I had no idea that they sold my account until I went to make my online payment like I did every month, I had two Provdian accounts and I made both visa payments at the same time since they were due within five days of each other. I couldnt make an online payment at Providian, said that my account had been sold and listed some number that didnt go thru. I called Providian, was given another number but this one was to a singles line! Well I finally received something in the mail from SST, which was my new card, it had their website on it, I went and made a payment, now by this time were at 27 days past my normal due date, mind you I had NEVER been late in the three years I had both visa accounts. I made this online payment after 2:00pm that day the next morning before my credit union opened I left a deposit of $500.00 in the door slot like I always did(never a problem before) well this time they had someone new doing the posting, I was told monies is always posted first then deductions, well she did deductions first which caused my now late card payment to bounce, along with five other bills, the credit union admitted their error, the director of the credit union typed a letter to SST telling them it was their fault and to please not report me late to the credit bureua, well they said they couldnt help me and I now have my first 30 days late on an account Ive had since 2000 and never had a late mark, they refused to remove it even after the letter from my credit union. I was mad back then and Im made still today! Other that I have to say I've had no problems with them, even when I've gone over by 10.00 they havent even charged me with an over the limit fee. They've done well for me, with the exception of that one incident.
    Hope everyone else has had better luck too.

• Ca
      11th of Oct, 2007

SST are complete crooks! Thieves! Even after months I am still behind. Is anyone going to file on them? How about the BBB? Will they do anything? My guess is NO, it is becoming legal to rip off the public!

25th of Oct, 2007

More often the issue lie not with the company but with the lack of knowledge and responsibility of the individual. It is easier to place blame on companies rather then yourself. I do not see any comments about an individuals error in accessing the website or locking themselves out of the website by not entering the information correctly. I don't even see anything about an individual not following the directions on the website. How user friendly do things have to be?? It is not suppose to do all for you. There has to be equal responsibility on both parties not just one. Remember before you decide to just get angry and place blame on the company perhaps you should look at what your doing and how your acting.

25th of Oct, 2007

More often the issues lie not with the company but with the lack of knowledge and responsibility of the individual. It is easier to place blame on companies rather then yourself. I do not see any comments about an individuals error in accessing the website or locking themselves out of the website by not entering the information correctly. I don't even see anything about an individual not following the directions on the website. How user friendly do things have to be?? It is not suppose to do all for you. There has to be equal responsibility on both parties not just one. Remember before you decide to just get angry and place blame on the company perhaps you should look at what your doing and how your acting.

• Sh
      29th of Oct, 2007

My daughters Washington Mutual Credit Catd was also sold to SST, with all the charges she now owes More than she did when it was sold to SSt. I told her when she made the last $100.00 payment that she needed to pay up the interest they charge also, but she says she does not have the money, I have been trying to get online to them so I can find out what the interest charges are and pay them plus extra. I got online with them yesterday and her payment from a week ago still had not been accounted to her account.. She would also join a class action suit against this company. They are the devil reincarnate.

• Sh
      1st of Nov, 2007

You guys are absolutely correct in your assumptions about this fraudulent company. half the time you are not able to access your account online. So you want your payment to be on time, then you are forced to pay by phone with such an outrageous phone fee. I am paying triple the payments so I can shake this parasite so as possible. I believe that deliberately screw their web site on purpose.

1st of Nov, 2007

I had similar problems. I had no late payments through Providian, I always payed ahead. Looked great!!! Then this company came along! Yah... they don't get your payments... your over 30 days late when you are not yet it is their fault. My credit is screwed because of them!! It is funny though on how many other lines of credit I have had and never had any problems!

• Do
      3rd of Nov, 2007

I agree with everything that is bad, said about this company. They are pirates and for the person who thinks we have a problem accessing their web site, think again. They have the most difficult web site to deal (always down) with and even mailing my payment 10 days in advance still got me a late fee as they did not receive it on time.

Beware!

• Br
      3rd of Nov, 2007

I HATE SST. Lets all rally together to get a CALLS in the works. I am constantly called, even when I have paid my bill ON TIME and I never make any headway it weens, and I pay more than minimum every month.