YMCA / ymca kansas city childcare

1 Kansas City, KS, United States

My son attended a ymca preschool. Before, I was told that they were an inclusive school and accepted children with ieps. The very 1st day they called me upset and told me he had an accident. I explained that it was normal for him to have an accident/regress at a new environment, and he also needed to be reminded/kept on a schedule to use the bathroom. They told me if he had more then he would have to be dismissed. The second day was the same, except they talked to me in person and threatened again to dismiss him right in front of my son. They were not willing to work with him or remind him to go/use the bathroom because they "did not have the staffing available." Yet there were only 3 kids in his class on that day. I made an appointment with the urologist, and also contacted special ed to help. I called the lady in charge of childcare at YMCA Kansas City to see if there were any other steps to prevent him being dismissed, but unfortunately she was not helpful at all and was so rude I was shocked. She also refused to give me the contact info of her supervisor/boss or anyone else.

El