[Resolved] Yes! Communities / management

5 Novi, MI, United States

The manager Dottie has no compassion or empathy. She lacks any customer service skills. She is rude and obnoxious. I live in Novi and I am a definite minority. I thinks she is discriminating against me for my sexual orientation and being a black female. I just had surgery and I'm scheduled for 2 more surgeries. I'm getting a partial paycheck that they taking a garnishment out of it. I wrote her a sincere email explaining my situation. I told her I can make my payment on the 17th. The notice was served to me today the 9th. I have 7 days to pay that gives me to the 16th. I said I'm paying you the next day so you tacking on 162 in legal fees for one day. She said yep that's the policy of the company that owns this. I said you can't let the lawyer know it's one day. Of course you can't get a word in because she is over talking you. I have heart trouble and by the time I got off the phone I needed nitroglycerin for chest pains. I'm so stressed out dealing with this woman. They wouldn't replace my grass. I have concrete in the back of my house. They put grass and fertilizer the 2 tenant on each side of me. These are both white couples. I've asked and was denied. I talked to her about my microwave being replaced it's less than 2 years old. They gave me a super small one that is too small for the space. She said "YOU LUCKY SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE THAT. I said I have siding missing. I wasn't address. I asked for my drains to be snaked. He did my tub and we bought liquid plumber. I hope this is a good forum to get situations resolved. I pay 1281 a month for rent. I shouldn't be treated so poorly. You can't complain for fear of retaliation. She actually told me I have until the 14th. I told her I got the notice today on the 9th I have until the 16th. She said the notice is dated the 7th. I said it's 7 days from when I got the notice. I have never been treated so poorly by a person in management. I've been here almost 2 years and love it here. It's so quiet so I have no intentions of moving. Please help before she gives me full heart attack from stress. I've been on a medical for months. I've been in the hospital but I always pay my rent.

Yes! Communities

• Resolution statement

• YES! Communities Customer Care's Response, Aug 22, 2018

Anita,

Thank you for your post. We understand that you did speak with the Regional Manager of Old Dutch Farms and she explained that the payment policies must be enforced evenly across all residents regardless of current situations in order for the community to be in compliance with Fair Housing. We appreciate your residency and hope you have a quick recovery.

Ad