X-Treme Electric Scooters Alpha Products International / Defective scooter

On 12/04/06 I purchased a gas powered scooter with an electric start (XG-470) from X-Treme Scooters / Alpha Products International in IA for my 11 year old sons Christmas present. I have continually had issues and technical problems with this scooter since it was originally purchased. I originally purchased this scooter with an additional 90 Extended Warranty. To date, I have had to install a new carburetor, install the gas tank and assembly, the idle switch has broken, the electric start has broken and now the throttle has broken.

My son has gotten to ride this thing maybe 3-4 times with issues almost every time. When I originally purchased this scooter I was not prepared to have to be a licensed scooter technician to be able to fix the multiple issues and problems it has had straight out of the box. When I purchased the extended warranty I was under the impression that they would take care of that for me – that is usually why you purchase an extended warranty. So far I have spent 8-10 hours installing new parts, exchanging bad parts, to the point now where I’m attempting to re-wire a scooter – all of which I am not trained or experienced to do. At the present moment his scooter will not start as the throttle and electric start have broken. X-treme Scooters sent me 2 new parts that they assured me would be easy to install. After dis-assembling the electric start and hooking up the new one they sent, we discovered there was an extra wire that does not go to anything – now it has no power at all as well as they sent the wrong part for the throttle. Now we have this stupid thing laying all over the garage floor with 50 wires hanging out of it and no help from x-treme other then to tell us to take a picture of the wires and send it to them.

Comments

• Ke
      5th of Oct, 2007

I have found X-treme Scooters to be absolutely lacking in servicing their products. Until I found this thread, I didn't realize how much this company shirks it's responsibility to their customers. I have an x-treme 360 and when it was delivered, I didn't know a part in the front wheel was missing. I rode it once and the bearings disintigrated. It tool 2 weeks to fix that. Then I plugged it in to charge it and went to bed for a few hours before I went to work on midnights.
    When I woke up, the charger was screaching and flashing and smoke was pouring out of it. The circuit board was melted. The sent me a new one along with a charger, saying that they were not smart chargers and would not turn themselves off. They also sent a charger socket that , from what I could tell, math any parts on the bike. They told me to charge it for eight hours, let it sit for 8 hours and they test the batteries. I had to go out and buy a charger....other option was to drag the bike 20 miles to have it tested..Now they tell me to sebt the bike back at my expense.
    What a sorry product and company, X-TREME Scooters are