www.rd.com/surprise / antivires 2008

1 po box,7825Red Oak, IA, United States Review updated:

went to web site to see what the free gift was.antivires 2008 downloaded on my computer.it would not let me back on the internet. took me two hours to erase off my computer. it just keep coming back. wanted me to pay 49.95 for there service. they should not be able to do this. MAD

Comments

• Ro
      28th of Jun, 2008

Same here as all the rest, but I'm still looking. If don't find, am calling readers digest. Thanks for a place to vent.

• Li
      4th of Jul, 2008

I`m really surprised that RD would allow such a thing.I`m new at the computer thing and I really should have checked first here, but I agree totally.

• Ai
      10th of Jul, 2008

1 DAY AGO i DIDNT RECEIVE A FREE GIFT
    iWAS UPSET THEY LED ME ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE

11th of Jul, 2008

Wish I had read this sooner. as I love getting free things, and signed up for this free giftand still looking fir utk
    Shouldn't this be reported to the Better Business Bureau? Surprised that a well-known magazine would resort to these low tactic t o get subscribers.What happens now??

• Sc
      11th of Jul, 2008

I was totally amazed that a reputable company(magazine) would resort to this level. To think it wasn't even for myself, it was for my mother. She had asked me to find out what it was as she likes to get free things as well. I thought I was being attacked by viruses. Good thing I chose not to run their program.
    Well I do NOT consider Readers Digest to be all that reputable now!!!
    VERY DISAPPOINTED !!!

• De
      23rd of Jul, 2008

How do you get the Antivirus 2008 xp off of your computer once it has attacked you by going to this rd.com/surprise web site?

• Aj
      27th of Jul, 2008

I found nothing on a free gift. This is such a ripoff. RD should be ashamed. They worry the heck out of me to renew subscription, and then they lie about a free gift. Oh well, it probably would be junk anyway.

I say "Ditto!" Ditto!" Diutto!" to the above comment! I will protest by cancelling my subscription! I want a refund! What a joke. RD reports on all who scam and look what they are doing world wide just to get e-mails? wow!

26th of Feb, 2009

why bother sending out a card for a free gift when nothing is there to claim

• Re
      24th of Mar, 2009

Readers Digest is not the old company we knew when we were younger. They have changed management several times and are now just a pulp publication of the third world. I am not surprised by what I have read hear, but I am thankful for people who have warned others of Reader Digest's scheme. Thanks!!!

27th of May, 2009

I also got the free surprise gift is waiting for you card along with my first addition of Readers Digest. Went into the website and they want you to buy something else to get a free gift. I don't want anything else, just my free gift. Get with it Reader's Digest.
    You should be reported!! A-HOLE

27th of May, 2009

This is just not FAIR... Send me my free gift to my mailing address without having to buy some stupid book. Just want the gift Reader's Digest. Let's see if you come thru. I see there are alot of complaints on your website. Word of mouth can go along ways.

• Ll
      29th of Jun, 2009

i didnot order your readers digest so please take me off your list account number is 00232736348 I will not pay this bill thank you reply at lloyd christianson@yahoo.com i fully disagree with this BILL

• Ru
      11th of Sep, 2009

We did not order silks vol4 .We received no billing with it and have not since we got this one that says we are past due. We will send the book back and please don't send us anymore .Please respond by our e-mail at gailchavous@comcast.net. Gail & Rusha Chavous

• Ds
      12th of Sep, 2009

I am writing this on behalf of my dear friend David Laake. acct.#00233883214 David recieved a bill inthe mail regarding some books that he supposedly recieved. He is a retired vet who suffers from post trumatic stress and is unable to read enough to ever have wanted this book in the first place.You are now demanding payment for what you say he ordered?!!!? Quite underhanded I must say, for he is not even capable of doing such in the first place. Please correct this on your end, and send no more bills. Thank you. D.S.

• Al
      8th of Dec, 2009

You sent me a CD [ Wine, Roses & Music ] which I didn't order, but you say I did. I thought it was free since there wasn't a bill with it. I'm NOT going to pay for it since I didn't order it. I will send it back . I am VERY disappointed in RD!! Please don't send me anything else.

• Je
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Since I cannot find a phone number for Reader's Digest I am sending my complaint by e-mail. I received a cd in November of 2009. I did not order this cd of Wine, Roses, and Music. I thought it was a free gift for ordering 4 subscriptions of Reader's Digest. I will send the cd back but I feel you should pay the postage since I never ordered it. Please, please, do not send me any more cd's!
    Name Jeanine Martin
    3806 Kelli Lane
    Bryan Tx 77801

I am very disappointed that Readers's Digest would do that to a faithful subscriber and then send me a past due bill. I will not order from you again.My bill is for $23.78

3rd of Jan, 2010

I've also received a FREE book ---- or so they said. Now, they're sending me bills and collection agency letters saying I'd better pay when I never ordered the book in the first place. I won't be paying them for it and if they want it back, they can send me the postage for it.
    Janice Palardy

• Ro
      26th of Jan, 2010

I just received an invoice from Readers Digest for the amount of $29.65 for an order I never placed. (or received) - Judging by the previous emails I am obviously not alone! Please stop sending me any more bills for something had nothing to do with!

• Ti
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I also have received an invoice from Readers Digest for a total of $42.75 with two installments of $18.78. I am returning the invoice with the notation that I want a copy
    of my order, for I don't remember ordering anything. I do remember getting a FREE OFFER. This looks very bad for Readers Digest. I thought they we a GOOD COMPANY

5th of May, 2010

Receiving a bill for $29.65 for a book I did not order. You should not be sending books in the mail and then take for granted I wanted it and then send another which I sure don't want. I would not order books by mail and not from Reader's Digest. I don't think the most of the stories are for me. Therefore, I don't want the books. It is an insult to be charged for something I didn't order or want.

I also quit getting the Reader's Digest monthly because most articles are not good or are trash.

Send me a mailing envelope and I will return them to you COD. I don't want bothered any more.

Thanks for the past years of my getting Reader's Digest, but no more.

Mae Judy