www.Car-Hire-UK.com / No Refund

1 165 Masons HillBromley Kent, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Found this on another web site. Michael Stephen Goodwin AKA www.Car-Hire-UK.com has another business.

Mattison & Co
10a Royal Pde Chislehurst. BR7 6NR
Tel:[protected]

Well now we can Phone Michael Stephen Goodwin at his other office and enquire about his operation of www.Car-Hire-UK.com.

Jo

Comments

15th of Apr, 2009

My complaint is the same as many others on the complaints forum. Car Hire UK took a deposit from me and no amount of telephone calls will get them to return the deposit. The car was returned undamaged and with a full tank of fuel and everytime I speak to them on the phone I get the same message, it takes a while for your card to be credited, be patient.

I found found numerous complaints about this company on the intenet all with the same story, they are unable to get a refund of their deposit. I found the following on trip advisor so I thought I would copy it to this complaints board since it seems to make sense and I am following this course of action in an attempt to get my deposit refunded.

Contact trading standards Bromley and report your case. You will need to go via the main contact centre 02084643333 email trading.standards@bromley.gov.uk.

Contact Bromley metropolitan police 0800 028 2390 this is a community hotline but will enable you to get your case to the relevant area. email bromley.foia@met.police.uk also communitiestogether@met.pnn.police.uk.

It is vital as many people as possible report the activities of this company to the trading stamdards and police.

Finally if you paid by Visa fill in a dispute form and get Visa/Mastercard to refund your money.

16th of Apr, 2009

Found this address after a bit of hunting. If the address is real then we have somewhere to serve court papers, if it's a fake then he is in bigger trouble since he will have used a fake address for his company.

Car Hire UK
    Michael Goodwin
    165 Masons Hill
    Bromley, KENT
    BR2 9HY, GB
    +44.8709222839
    mg@car-hire-uk.com

26th of Apr, 2009

Guys thank you for your posts at least I know I'm not alone. Like most of you I don't live in the UK but I booked a car rental through www.Car-Hire-UK.com. The first sign of trouble came when they deducted 917.47 from my Visa card a full week before the Car rental was due to start. 600 pounds of this was an Insurance excess and 80 pounds was a fuel excess which should never have been deducted.

When I arrived at the airport to pickup the car the representative from car-Hire-UK.com insisted I signed a Visa slip for 940.47 again even though the money had already been deducted from my Visa card. This should have rung alarm bells, and I still don't know if they are going to try and hit me again for another 917.47 now they have this signed Visa slip.

I returned the car to the Gatwick Long Stay Car park as instructed undamaged and fully fueled, I placed the key and the Car Park ticket in the envelope and wrote the location on the back of the envelope before handing it to the shuttle bus driver again as per Car-Hire-UK.com's instructions. I then followed up with a phone call to their returns telephone number, all by the book.Fortunately since there was no car-shire-uk.com representative to inspect the vehicle I got my passenger to do a visual inspection with me in case they decided to claim damage at a later date.

it's now been 7 weeks since they took the money from my Visa card and 4 weeks since I returned the car. Phoning the company is pointless they always say the same it's with the accounts department, if you ask for somebody to phone you back they never do. Ask to speak to a supervisor and you get left on hold listening to music and as for emails, well as you can guess they never reply..

I have lodged formal complaints with trading Standards and spoken to David Buller regarding this company, I have also lodged a complaint with Bromley Police and filled in a dispute form with Visa.

Strangely enough after 3 1/2 weeks of unreturned phone calls and email I was phoned on Friday by guess who? Mr Michael Stephen Goodwin AKA Car-Hire-UK.com. Oh good I thought he's phoning to apologise and let me know he's going to refund my Insurance and Fuel excess that he should never have taken in the first place. He actually phoned to threaten that unless I withdrew my complaint with Trading Standards, The Police and Visa I would never get my 680 pounds refunded. Oh yes and he would sue me for libel. I think you can guess my response, basically no way in hell was I going to withdraw my complaint until the money was returned to my Visa card. I suggest we all contact Trading Standards and the police with our complaints so they understand the magnitude of the problem with this company.

• Go
      22nd of Nov, 2009

This company is no so infamous that there is a web site dedicated to warning people about it's shady dealings!

• Un
      12th of Dec, 2009

Car was hired in August - managed to obtain a car refund months later but only after numerous phone calls and emails. They still refuse to refund the fuel deposit and have become very personal in their attacks on me.

Keep up the fight and don't give up

22nd of Jan, 2010

I had a similiar problem, still waiting for my money also.

27th of Aug, 2010

This bunch of crooks are still going strong. I hired a car from them in June 2010 and still await the refund of deposits. I cannot believe I have been caught, next time only use the major car hire people and dont try to save a few pounds.

• Mi
      18th of Feb, 2011

OMG, I am so stupid and should have listened to my gut feeling when I made the booking. I only found this web site now. I had exactely the same problem from August 2010. THey owe me 560 pounds, and because I don't live in the Uk it is near impossible to get any response to the calls and letters I send them. I could fly back to the UK with this amount. I am also going to try and lodge complaints, although from this side of the country it is a lot more difficult.

• In
      13th of May, 2011

Mattison & Co is not in any way owned by Michael Goodwin, or anyone else with the surname Goodwin. They are a very well established, respectable firm of Chartered Accountants.