www.Car-Hire-UK.com / Car Rental Scam

3 165 Masons HillBromley, England, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 08709222839

One of the guys scammed by Car-Hire-UK.com put this on another forum, hope it helps some of you get your money back from Michael Stephen Goodwin AKA Car-Hire-UK. I think we should all pay Mr Goodwin a visit...to his real address!

Tracking down Car-Hire-UK.com

Did a domain name search and found the website is registered to

Car Hire UK
165 Masons Hill
Bromley Kent BR2 9HY
Administration Contact
Michael Goodwin (same address)

After researching at Companies House(UK Companies Register) I found the following. There is no company registered as "Elsinore Garage Ltd" but there is a company registered as "Elsinore Garage and Company Limited". I purchased a number of documents from Companies House and got the following infromation.

Elsinore Garage and Company Limited
Chartered Accountants
10A Royal Parade
Chislehurst, Kent
BR7 6NR.
Company Business: Car Hire.

They breach The Companies Act as all business they must use Full Company Name, Registered Company number, and Registered Company Office.

This makes the Rental Contract void.

Jo

Comments

13th of May, 2009

Totally agree, avoid this company like the plague or you will never see your deposit again!

• Ji
      16th of Nov, 2009

I agree - I got stung for GBP600 for the deposit and can't get any response from these people.
    The site looks real and the car was fine - but they charge the deposit to the card in advance. When I complained they said that it was just for billing purposes and would be refunded.
    As for dropping the car in the lot - I guess I know wonder if they actually owned the car.
    BE AWARE
    Annoyed of Beijing.

• Jb
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I find this complaint to be crazy, I decided to ignore your hyped up lies and go with car-hire-uk anyway and I am pleased I did, I returned with no problems did take 16 days for deposit but that was nothing compared to the excellent service I received. I can only presume you had a genuine error or much like your post suggests you are trying to gain some kind of compensation for nothing that went wrong, like many holiday makers which seem to think they can beat the system everytime.

• Mi
      2nd of Nov, 2010

Car Hire UK wouldn't give me back my £1000 excess deposit or my £100 fuel deposit. Every time I called I was either cut off, not answered or told that my payment would be completed in the next few working days. But this never happened. It got to the point where I could only get through to them if I witheld my number. They never reply e-mails, or letters in the post sent recorded delivery, or messages sent through the contact form on their website. They are awful. Avoid like the plague. I eventually got my money back through my credit card company. It took over 2 months.
    T E R R I B L E!!!

• Mi
      15th of Jun, 2011

I have just noticed these complaints and then also today they withdrew 570pounds from my account without authorisation for a so called excess, which was never mentioned, I am not even due to pick the car up for a month I would strongly avoid using this company

• Jw
      17th of Nov, 2011

Agree with all of the above. Going through Credit Card reclaim process now for GBP680. What this company is doing is criminal. No email responses and they cut me off their 'helpline' when they recognise me. Anyway, not giving up.

• Co
      21st of Jun, 2014

For anyone seriously interested in tackling this car hire garbage, the following from Network Solutions maybe helpful. I suggest inundating the 'abuse' email with complaints. Both the domain holder and the webmaster will be liable for aiding and abetting fraud.

Domain Name: CAR-HIRE-UK.COM
    Tech Phone: +44.2075388000
    Tech Email: HOSTMASTER@HOSTWAY-UK.COM

• Co
      21st of Jun, 2014

This company uses most deceptions already known. They have a slick website which slips in terms a user is not aware of. Eg "full" insurance with a contradictory £500 excess. Don't pay the £500 deposit to guarantee this as likely you won't get it back. Why? Because they will invent some damage after the hire and refuse to repay. My car came with fuel tank one-third empty. Also I was told to pay a £10 car park charge to drive away. If you ever get back any deposit it isn't until one month after the end of the hire. And they collect deposits one month before the hire. They don't have an airport desk and reputable companies have never heard of them. I'm told their office is in Hastings and that they don' t have a compound anywhere. My "new" car had done 40, 000 miles. Tell your friends. Save them from being cheated. Help get rid of this garbage.

• Ba
      22nd of Feb, 2017

I have had the same experiences, deposit not returned, fuel charges, car parking charges to get the car out of the airport etc,
    I am attempting to get my money returned visa.
    However I do think Karhma will catch up with these people especially if we help it along.

• Ph
      19th of Sep, 2018

why these reviews so old? its like 10 years ago if they were true company would of closed back then