WPI Parenting Magazine / fraude

In October 20 without authorization they took $20 of the credit card of my mother .
Two months ago I went with my mom at motherhood store (Mimi )and she gift me a pijama. And now she received this charge in her credit card. Unbeliavable.

So

Comments

Cg
  24th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

That happened to me too! I suddenly received parenting magazines and found $20 charge on my credit card. I called the company and they said that I subscribed the magazine when I shopped at Motherhood Maternity. Further Parenting Magazine said that I must have signed an agreement at Motherhood maternity to receive free subsription and if not cancel within so many days, then I will be charged. I said I never been told or signed anything to subscribe the magazine. They said they were going to give me refund but it's been months and still no refund! This scam has just got to stop!

Ri
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

The same thing just happen to me, I am very upset about this I only shopped at Motherhood once for a Christmas dress that I saved up money to buy I never gave authorization of my card being used for this Mag., this is a breech in security and I believe Motherhood needs to do something about it or they will loose several of customers. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the bank and if they state that I signed an agreement I want to see proof.

Rr
  6th of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I called my bank and they gave me a number to contact them. I was able to cancel it and get a refund.

the number is 1-800-234-0847

I hope this helps anybody who needs it!

Tr
  20th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Yes the same thing happened to me!! Thankyou to whoever left the 1800 number above me. I just called it and they SAID that they would refund me 20$. So Im just hoping they follow through with it. So if it has happened to you call 1-800-234-0847.

An
  21st of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

This happend to me aswell, Icalled the number. I had to cancel my card though because my bank said that my account could be hiy again...so everyone might want to think about that.

Er
  25th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!

my girlfriend is expecting, and i bought her some clothes there, and they gave us a free trial of a magazine, so we took it... about 2 months later, i got a 20 dollar charge...

but i did call, and they are going to "cancel" my account for the magazine, and refund the money back to my account.

just call the number, and they will simply ask you a few questions, and then ur done.

1-800-234-0847

Me
  12th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

this is absolutely ridiculous it happened to me too! this company needs to be shut down and held responsible for what they are doing. If money wasnt tight enough in homes today they are making it worse by sneeking in these charges.

Ll
  13th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

This happened to me too!!!just found a 20$ charge on the credit card bill. So ridiculous! I called the number and the lady asked if we shopped at Motherhood before. I said yes but we never subscribed for the magazine. She said we signed a paper with motherhood (I only remember we signed the bill at motherhood...geeze), if we don't cancel after 2 trial magazine of motherhood...then we are considered that we subscribed for the magazine and that's why they charge us the 20 dollars.

I am very disappointed with what motherhood and parenting magazine are doing. They should STOP doing this and stealing money from expecting family in this tight financial situation.

Mi
  1st of Dec, 2009

i dont get it you have to sign for info to be transferred??? i think people just need to pay attention!!!

Me
  31st of Jan, 2010

I bought at Motherhood as well, and I did sign a paper which was a special promotion with Parenting Magazine saying if you sign you will get two free issues and if you don't cancel after receiving the second issue they will assume you like the magazine and charge your card directly for a year's subscription. I normally read everything I sign, but the lady who rung me up at Motherhood also explained the promotion to me. I think Motherhood Maternity staff should have explained the promotion to all of you as well rather than just having you sign. I received my second issue about 2 days ago and I just called the 1800 number to tell them I wanted to cancel because I felt the magazine wasn't for me. She canceled it then and there no questions asked...now hopefully I don't find a surprise $20 charge on my card in the next month! :)

Un
  17th of Mar, 2010

Same thing folks. Went to motherhood, then got a $20 charge on the credit card. Called and was told refund is on the way.

Thanks all!

Bi
  5th of Mar, 2011

Same as everyone else. Supposedly "I" signed up (subscribed for a free trial) at a Motherhood Maternity store when making a purchase which is completely not true. I called 1-877-604-7858, and it starts out with a recording saying how people were signed up for free trial and you could either cancel or continue. I talked to one of the customer service representatives who was very apologetic and said that I had signed up at a Motherhood Maternity but could cancel and to disregard any future invoices. This is a complete scam between Motherhood Maternity and Parenting magazine which is very frustrating.