Worldwide Preferred Publishers Service / Magazine Scam

1 PO Box 1792Sandusky, OH, United States
Phone: 877-229-7830

I never ordered 10 monthly magazine subscriptions nor did I provide my debit card number to anyone at any time. The first call I received claimed to be from Publisher Clearing House and I was one of 50 winners. They already had my debit card number as well as the last 4 digits of my social. I was charged $49.99 twice then refunded for both charges when I called Worldwide Preferred Publishers Services. Then I got 2 more charges for $59 each and canceled my debit card and was never refunded.
I have written letters and called numerous times all to no avail. However, the first time I called they claimed to have a "recording" of my authorization to purchase magazines. When I listened to the recording it was obvious that it was pieced together and not an actual conversational recording.
Last week I received a phone call allegedly from a gentleman from this company’s complaint department I explained that I would never order these kinds of magazines as they were aimed at a woman’s audience. I was asked what kind I would order and I told them bow-hunting, taxidermy monthly and at least 7 other hunting magazines I named off. (Guess what? This month I got 2 Bow-Hunting magazines.) The gentlemen then explained that he would be refunding my credit card and listed the last four numbers to which I responded that card had been canceled due to this entire scam and was no longer active. He immediately hung up the phone.
I called again today when I got another bill and was told I cannot cancel until I pay the balance of $165.59, which will continue to accrue a 5% late charge until paid.
I have no idea how they got my debit card number or my social security number however, they have just resorted to sending me even more magazines as well as adding to the bill along with late fees.

Ja