Worldmark By Wyndham / reservation incompetence and poor communication options.

July 23, 2018

My name is Scott Wahlquist, my cell phone is [protected]

While trying to help family making travel arrangements for a funeral for my father, my aging uncle, who IS a member was given a reservation that exhibits extreme incompetence and knowledge of locations. Also, attempting to resolve and report this incompetence lead to a audio/ digital run-around.
We are in Sacramento, CA, and he is coming from another state. He was searching for a reservation to attend his brother's (my father's) funeral, and needs a place close to Sacramento. Your reservation specialist had him reserved in Ridgecrest, CA, which is appr. 8 HOURS AWAY FROM OUR LOCATION! Is there a map available in your call centers? Do your reservation specialists know how to read said map?

Even adding insult to stupidity, when he cancelled that reservation (we hope successfully), he was given another option that claimed to be "somewhere off of I-80". Upon communication with us, he wanted to find a specific address and /or phone number for his destination. I think it is kind of important to know where you are headed, you may agree. There was NO address or phone number anywhere to be found on the confirmation email.

Then, to continue assuring that neither I nor any member of my family will be inclined to join your services at ANY time in the future, there is a noteworthy lack of access to an actual operator who can either help, or put us in touch with a supervisor to register a complaint. The one operator we could reach finally realized after several minutes that Anaheim and Sacramento are not close together, and indicated there are no locations near Sacramento, but then transferred us to "another department", which started us through the automated phone menu again.

And, as you well know, when we called the corporate "customer service experience number" on the homepage of your marketing website, in an attempt to actually speak to another person, even your marketing is a digital run-around asking me to leave a message "if you are interested in information about membership". It is now no wonder to me why you have a mid-low rating with the BBB.

Resolution for me means nothing, but a written apology to my mother (now a widow), my uncle and myself would show that at least someone can ACT like they actually care about customer service.

Scott Wahlquist
190 Hilltop Drive
Drasco, AR 72530

AND DO NOT SEND MARKETING PROSPECTS. I HAVE NO INTEREST!!

Sc
Jul 23, 2018

Comments

• Wa
      9th of Aug, 2018

Dear Scott:

All they care about is their money, not their customers or owners.

This is why I wrote this free report about the timeshare industry.