[Resolved] World Stores / failure to deal with complaint

Wellingborough, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0344 482 7500

Purchased a bed and mattress from World Stores, delivered on 19th September. I advised World Stores by email early Friday morning 3rd October that after only 13 nights of using the mattress is was already sagging and dipping and obviously not fit for its purpose. We are not particularly heavy - me at 9st 7 and husband 11st. I suggested that I purchase another mattress of better quality from them (paying the difference between the faulty mattress and the new one) and they deliver the new mattress and collect the faulty one.
Bearing in mind their published 14 day no quibble money back guarantee the only response I have received was that they asked for photos and said they would take it up with their Suppliers!!! My contract of course is with them and not their suppliers.
I have received no further communication from them and they are now basically ignoring my emails. Last night one of the springs actually collapsed. Disgusting way to deal with complaints.
I have not attached photos as World Stores already have these.

P Warner

• Resolution statement

One of the managers from World Stores telephoned, Amanda, and she together with her assistant, Becky, arranged (yesterday) to take my order for a replacement mattress which was delivered today. I received full credit for the faulty mattress plus World Stores contributed towards the extra cost of the replacement mattress.

Pj
Oct 06, 2014

Comments

• Jm
      Nov 08, 2016

World Stores an absolutely in-trustworthy retailer. I have now read so many reviews that are negative and am in the process of seeking compensation plus bringing this company to the attention of the media. Their website and claims are misleading...no next day delivery. It seems that they are experts at being economical with the truth in order to fob you off when you simply want to know why the goods you have pad for have not been delivered and you have taken numerous days off work waiting for it. I have been waiting since August for my dining suite, fully paid for, not on credit. I have even changed the order to a different one twice, due to problems getting the original choices. They delivered the table over a month ago...I am still waiting for the chairs!! Infuriating, especially those texts they send late in the evening telling you not to wait in for the delivery the following day...Too late, I already made alternative arrangements at work. Trading Standards need to do something and so I have contacted them. Plus written to Richard and Joe the CEO's but wont hold my breath for a response from either of them.