World Educational Services (WES) / worst customer service I ever experienced!

World Educational Services (WES)
www.wes.org

I submitted an application to get my college grades evaluated by WES in December/06. Paid the $175.00 in required fees, got the original documents sent directly from my college in Brazil ( 3 times) and never got my evaluation done because WES claims there is one translation missing-which they have the original, but refuse to fax me a copy to take to the translator.

Because of their poor ability on handling information, I missed an opportunity to get benefits from 'Tuition Waiver Program' from NJ Government and when I complained with WES representative, I got a careless bored sigh.

Wes takes from 3 weeks to a month to answer e-mails, their phone lines take too long to be picked up when they do pick up at all, and their representatives make clear your contact is unwelcome.

At some point I had customer representative Raymond state that they actually have all the documents requested. And a few days later, when I checked the progress of my evaluation, I was told by Cust/rep Candice that they DON'T have the referred mysterious translation. But she wouldn't tell me exactly what it is to be translated, and my college in Brazil has no clue what could be, and she wouldn't fax me the document, because I'm a third party between WES and the college in Brazil. Excuse-me!! My husband called them to try to get some help; Candice wouldn't let us talk to Raymond again or transfer our call to a manager, and said she would have to disconnect us to get other calls.

WES is completely careless about their customers, and don't acknowledge their services are important in peoples carriers.

WES has by far the worst customer service I ever experienced, and I feel disrespected and neglected. I can't get the service I paid for for, I can't get my money back and I can't get a straight information to help me solve the problem.

Va

Comments

• Is
      21st of Sep, 2007

I WILL STRONGLY RECOMMEND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO DO EVALUATION FROM WES THEY SHOULD THINK TWICE AND EVEN MORE THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA OF EVALUTION FROM OTHER COUNTRY THERE EVALUTION IS FURTHERMORE NOT BASED ON TRUTH BUT IT IS ON STYLE .ALL OF UNIVERSITIES OR ANY OTHER WHO IS ACCEPTING THERE EVALUTION SERVICES MUST HAVE TO CHECK TWICE AND ALSO CONFIRM FROM THE OTHER SOURCES TOO .MOST IMPORTANTALY THEY ARE RIGHT NOW IN THE BUSINESS OF MONOPOLY AND BECAUSE THERE ARE VERY FEW EVALUATION INSTITUTES ARE HERE SO THEY ARE MORE CARELESS.IS THERE IS JUSTICE IN US WHO CAN TAKE ACTION AGAINST THEM . I STRONGLY BELEIVE THAT THERE SHOULD BE ACTION TAKEN AGAINST THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY BISED AND THEYATRE ON BUSINESS OF CHEATING ,ONCETHEY START TO HARRESSS YOU O MAN IT IS WORST THEY WILL BE REALLY MEAN TO YOU .I AM SURE THAT IF MY CASE WILL BE STUDIED THEY MUST HAVE TO PAY FOR MY MENTAL PHYSICAL AND EMMOTIONAL DISTRESS AS WELL AS OF SEVERAL HOURS OF TIME LOSS AND PUTTING ME IN UNCERTAINITY .I WILL HUMBLY REQUEST ANY LEGAL SERVICE OR SOCIAL ORGANISATION OR JUSTICE DEPARTMENT THAT SOMEONE SHOULD STUDY MY CASE AND TAKE ACTION AGAINST THEM THEY ARE JUST PLAYING WITH PEOPLE LIFE PURPOSELY AND CHEATING THEM . IN THIS COUNTRY TRUTH IS WELCOMED FOR EVERYONE .IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT WHERE EVERY ONE HAS EQUAL RIGHT THERE SHOULD BE A DEPARTMENT WHO CAN FURTHER TAKE ACTION AGAINST THEM .MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF EDUCATIONAL SERVICES WHERE IT MUST HAVE TO BE UNDERSTAND BY ALL GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL AND UNIVERSITY STAFF THAT UP TO WHAT LEVEL THEY CAN TRUST ON THEM AND THERE STANDARD IS VERY POOR BECAUSE THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO HORRIBLE AND THERE ANSWER IS SO UNEXPLAINABLE THAT EVEN THEY ALSO DO NOT KNOW THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING WHEATHER IT IS CORRECT OR NOT .I REQUEST THAT SOME JUSTIFICATION SHOULD BE DONE IN MY CASE IF THERE IS JUSTICE AGAINST THESE KIND IF SERVICES .

15th of Nov, 2007

Go to the following website to file complaints against WES, investigation will be initiated upon filing.

My wife had a similar experiences with World Education Services(WES). Let’s work together to kick it out of business.

• Ra
      16th of Feb, 2008

My wife is also a victim. WES has her money and original university sealed documents and translations. We called them and described exactly what we had before sending them anything and they said it was ok. Now they send us to a Russian company mascarading as the "Ministry of Education" and that company wants more money and the documents that are in WES' possession. Now WES won't give up our documents or help us in any way. Receiving documents in the mail and doing nothing with them is not a service. And WES refuse to refund our money.

• Zo
      13th of Jun, 2008

I also had a similar negative experience with them. Even though they had received all my transcripts from the academic institutions, they insisted that the they were still waiting for confirmations. They sat on my case for more than 3 months by which time I missed all the deadlines for all my applications. Despite many calls they refused to do anything about my situation. Every time I had to wait more than an hour to speak to any of their representatives who were rude, unhelpful and terse with me, and totally lacked initiative. And as above they refused to refund my money. Although I did manage to get my money back by disputing the payment through my credit card company.

I will absolutely advice every one not to use them and save yourself a lot of headache and frustration and of course money.

I wish there were a way to let these messages reach more people.

• So
      27th of Aug, 2008

A friend of mine had the same problem with WES. The university he went to sent the official transcripts to WES and when he asked for his transcript from WES they told him that the university should send them another confirmation from his university. and when he kept calling the ''office'', nobody picks up so he asks me to go to their location in NY and when I went there, the place was just a UPS store and when I asked some people there they told me to watch out for them because people have been coming there with the same complaints for years! so people watch out!

• Sy
      27th of Jan, 2009

I have done a degree verification with WES a while ago. Then, when I applied for a job, my prospective employer asked for a copy of it to be send to her directly from WES. The WES`s website states that an additional copy will be sent within next business day. And that what I told my employer -to -be. It has been three weeks since I requested to sent her a copy (they did charged me the next business day though!).My employer cannot understand why she still have no verification and I look like a liar because every week after I called WES I was assured that within 48 hours my degree verification will be sent to her and that is what I assured her about as well!Of course she has not received anything yet and I just spoke with Candice who assured me that within 48 hours...etc. She refused to connect me with a supervisor as well. It is outrageous! I might lose a job thanks to them! It is so hard to get a job now days, it took me 8 months to get this interview and now thanks to WES I might not be hired... I am too embarrassed to call my prospective employer and tell her that she soon should get the verification...48 hours etc.Does anyone knows where to file an official complaint against WES?

16th of Feb, 2009

Unfortunately there are not many choices when someone needs an evaluation of foreign credentials. I actually have a good experience with WES (they certified the right type of credentials), but I burned myself with Josef Silny & Associates (http://www.jsilny.com). They did not recognize the right equivalent education in the US, and when I sent them supporting documentation from several sources, including an international database, they said that they are using a different paid version of the same database... Nice company web site, but when the online application status said "All documents received: Yes" that did not mean much. They still requested a new application form and more money, because the one I sent was supposedly an old form (I picked it up the day before at school). A week later they wrote to me that they need original official documents. The web site asked for officials documents only, not originals, so I sent notarized copies. At the end they were very sorry, but their professional opinion was such and such, and of course there was no refund. Josef Silny & Associates is a highly NOT RECOMMENDED company.

• Fe
      8th of Mar, 2009

Well i had applied for the evaluation since September and now it has been 5 months. I have tried to scale all the hurdles they requested me and now it seems that the ball is in their court. They emailed me that they were still waiting for verification of my documents which were sent from my university in Nigeria. I had really hoped that this would have been sorted out soon but i'm optimistic that it would cos i really want to start my Masters programme in NJ, U.S., by September. When i read all these horrible stories, i just hope same doesn't happen to me. I am not bothered about my application fee but more about beating the deadline which is by May.

• Fr
      18th of Mar, 2009

Does anyone have an idea about how to petition WES cause i signed up to have my documents evaluated in may 2008 and my documents were sent from my university in Nigeria i didnt hear back till november and they said somthing about confirmation which i waited for and eventually had to contact someone in nigeria to help me send another transcript, next i get a mail this month saying that my documents were forged and that my application had been cancelled! I quickly contated the admission department in my school and on checking my files claim they never sent any such notice of forged documents and actually had a copy of what was sent to them...So now im baffled as i have been waitng for this evaluation for over a year only to be accused of forging documents. I need some help on tackling this issue as i have missed ALL the masters programme deadlines i needed to meet.Please someone should help me with information on how to deal with this issue as i have sent a complaint notice to them and they havent been replied!

17th of Jul, 2009

I had a similar experience with wes in 2008. I came from a country with these types of problems. My advice there is nothing you can do about it, they exist because Universities and Colleges choose wes so just move on. For those with degrees - you have to do everything over again. I know that not what you want to hear, but I'll tell you why. I spent $25 and signed up for my GED and got it within one week. I was then able to apply to college with no problems. You just have to do everything over again because if you don't you will have problems in the future even if you have an evaluation from wes. Ask yourself (most job applications must be done online today) can you use a wes evaluation for an online application when it asks for specific information? Do you want to trust that important job to an organisation which WILL NOT deliver in a timely manner? There is no solution other than what I have suggested. Once you are in the American system - GED etc. you'll see how everything will go smooth. This is not the 1980's where you had to contact someone personally and speak to them, you talk to a computer and you can't reason with it and tell it your specific problem. Those of you who tried to contact customer service will know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the disappointed news.

• Af
      7th of Aug, 2009

all the companies under NACES umbrella are scammers

14th of Aug, 2009

WES IS A BLOT ON THE NOBLE NAME OF EDUCATION, I LOST NY MONEY TO THEM A FEW YEARS BACK AND LAST WEEK THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY $167.00 FOR THE SERVICES WE JUST TRY TO INITIATE WITH THEM FOR MY WIFE. THEY CASH THE CHECK RIGHT AWAY AND SENT A PRE PRINTED LETTER NEEDING A LIST OF DOCUMENTS WHICH CAN ONLY BE GIVEN TO THEM IF WE VISIT OUR COLLEGE PERSONALLY IN INDIA, REALISING IT'S NOT POSSIBLE I ASK THEM TO REFUND MY MONEY.., SHE THROWS A CONTRACT CLAUSE AT ME .., THAT I SIGNED THEIR FORM.
    CAN WE SEND ALL THIS TO ATTORNEY GENRAL OR BRING IT TO PRESIDENTIAL AIDE'S ATTENTION THAT THISAGENCY IS EXPLOITING CONSUMERS
    WHO HAS THE NOBLE INTENTION OF SERVING THIS COUNTRY TO THE BEST OF OUR
    POTENTIAL.
    THEY GRAB MONEY WITHOUT RENDERING ANY SERVICE AND REFUSE TO REFUND
    AND STATEOF NY PROTECTS THEM.
    SATWINDER SINGH

• Ba
      21st of Aug, 2009

I started the process with WES becasue the NACES recognizes them, now one month after my evaluation appears completed but the said that they sent to me on august 6th and the US mail sent them back becuase my name was not the correct even that they charge me for a service that includes specail delivery and not normal delivery so they used an stam of 44 cents to send my document.
    Anyway I 'm still waiting for the result.

So don't make your evaluation with WES please please.

• Hu
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I submitted an application to get my college grades evaluated by WES in oct 2007 Paid the $175.00 in required fees, got the original documents sent directly from my college in india ( 4 times) and never got my evaluation done because WES claims there is one doucment missing-which they have the original, but refuse to fax me a copy to take to the translator.

At some point I had customer representative state that they actually have all the documents requested. And a few days later, when I checked the progress of my evaluation, I was told by Cust/rep that they DON'T have the transcrip . But she wouldn't, and my college in india has no clue what could be done, and she wouldn't fax me the document, because I'm a third party between WES and the college in india .

This market need some competition badly, because a company with WES low level of services should not, should not stay in business any longer.thats why i suggest people to try www.ece.org they are great, fast and welcoming people they dont my job in just 14 days
    but wes is ABIG JOKE

• Hj
      14th of Dec, 2009

I am also a victim of WES

I paid for an evaluation that they cannot do, due to the university's policy in my country. The university do not directly submit grades or transcript to any institution or evaluation credential outside the country.
    The process is very different that in the United States. The intersted party or an authorized person must submit in person the request and he/she needs to be presented to receive the documents. They do not mail delivery to any country. The interested party is responsible for obtaining the documents.
    Therefore, I had to aouthorized a person to get my transcripts, since I am living in the USA, and she was responsible to send it to a transaltor and notary in my country, and later courier to the USA University.
    Since the requirements were impossible to comply due to the policy and characteristic of the process in my country. I am not longer need their service. Since they cannot provide me with the service because their requirements cannot adjust to the policies in my country. I am asking for the reimbursement of the $174.00 that I paid and that your would not be able to provide service for my needs. They do not want to retun the fees.
    I have also sent all the documents to American University and was accepted to the LLM.
    But I will do anything until I get my money back.

• Se
      27th of Jan, 2010

For a MONTH ...I can not reach anyone by phone. There are no instructions of contacting WES in another way. I have not received any documentation or conformation of anything. Please tell me how to get a refund ?... I have considered turning WES over to the Attorney General of New York and then asking my bank to investigate FRAUD. My next step will be to turn WES over to the better business burea and any other steps i have to take!

• To
      18th of Apr, 2010

On January19, 2010, I submitted an application to World Education Services(WES) for the Educational evaluation of my foreign academic credentials. This type of evaluation serves the purpose of representing my foreign academic degree to prospective employers & universities in the U.S. equivalent format. Prior to this I had requested my university to send a copy of my transcript to WES which was delivered to them through FedEx on 1/19/2010.I tried calling WES from 1/19-25/ 2010 to confirm that they have received my transcript but I could not get any response. I finally sent them a mail via their web site which they replied on 1/26/2010 that they do not have my transcript as of 1/26/2010.I then called FedEx an got a signature proof of delivery for my transcript which I promptly faxed to WES to help them trace the mail. Then in a fit of anger they sent me an E-mail on 1/27/2010 saying that they are placing my file on hold and will be sending my credentials back to my school for verification.
    I wrote to WES on 2/1/2010 for a refund of my money as their action depicts unwillingness on their part to continue with the evaluation. Since then I have not heard from them.

• Mi
      24th of Dec, 2010

I received my evaluation from WES the selfcalled "experts" in evalustion. Yeah right. They have no idea how to make a proper translate or equivalence of credits or grades.
    I.I studied in the best college in Chile that is Pontificia Universidad Catolica, and this people from this agency say that a course with 9 hours of work at week is equal to 2.5 american credits.
    So they ruin my GPA that is over average in Chile because they are incompetent and lazy.

• Aa
      29th of Dec, 2010

I am pretty sure, nobody can find any terrible customer care even in underdeveloped country such as WES. My wife and I are two other victims. Unfortunately it seem there is a hidden lobby behind the relation with WES and Many Universities that WES never care about providing reasonable services to their customers.
    After discussing a lot, when they started the evaluation of one of my degrees (They didn't accept the other), they said one of your courses has problem. After one week they said that it was not sealed at all and you have to resend it! It is ridiculous...
    Come to kick WES out of business plz. All the world should know about their poor services.

• Am
      5th of Jan, 2011

which company did you decided to go with?