World Education Services / bad service

po box 5087New York, NY, United States Review updated:
3.05

It is very unfortunate that I have to write this letter to all of you, because of the lack of professionalism in the customer service department at the New York office. After reading your mission statement and the statement of the professional staff you have and the services you provide are clear and easy to understand, is quite the opposite I am experiencing. I find this very disturbing for a not for profit organization and the rules and regulations you are suppose to go by.

My name is Wolfgang Busch, I am 53 years old and I graduated from the Realschule in Heppenheim, Germany 30 years ago. I decided to go to College for political science at the Empire College in NYC and therefore I need my graduation document approved by your organization. Unfortunately Empire College only accepts WES evaluation which is part of the problem (no competition), and explains the unprofessionalism I am experiencing with your staff; Sheri, Elyse and Ballyn at customer service.

Miss Ballyn had the nerve to lie on the phone to me accusing me that I mailed the document from Germany and not the school, when I asked her which document she was looking at to back up her statement, she couldn�t answer the question.

Originally I wanted my final dental technician graduation document also evaluated by WES, but the inexperience and unprofessional action of your customer service staff was the reason why I couldn�t deal with your staff and I faxed a note to your office to forget about the dental technician evaluation and only evaluate the Realschule school report.

Of course that caused only more confusion with your staff member Miss Ballyn, because she couldn�t understand what exactly I wanted to have evaluated now. At that point I took baby steps with her and I asked her, ok, how many faxes to you have in my file and please read them back to me. After repeating myself and a wait, I actually got her to read both faxes to me. At that point I also learned that she couldn�t articulate any word right and again the unprofessionalism of your staff was quite impressive and I wonder how this people get this job. I corrected her pronunciation and finally she understood what the fax was about and which document I wanted evaluated. For the first time I felt something was clear by all parties at the same time.

Let�s not forget, every time I call customer service it takes between 15 to 20 minutes to get somebody on the line and than I have to deal with THAT. If I was running my business like this I would be out of business a long time ago.

Miss Ballyn was lazy and unprofessional, she spoke to me without looking at my documents, because when I asked specific questions she had no answers, such as: You are accusing me for mailing the document from Germany, what information do you have that states that. I wasn�t in Germany at the time when it was mailed to you and if you look at the envelop, you can see it was mailed from Germany, she told me that she doesn�t have the envelop and couldn�t back up her lie, yes this is a lie, lets be clear about that.

After waiting on hold for 20 minutes and than I have to deal with those incompetent people is very frustrating. The fact that WES has exclusivity to evaluate graduation documents for certain colleges such as Empire College, ads to the staffs arrogance and attitude. At the end I was told by Miss Ballyn that WES has to look at my entire file again. I guess to evaluate ONE document is a mayor undertaking for your staff. I asked her when I can expect the call back, she told me at the end of the day. Surprise, maybe not, well she didn�t call me back, I was sitting at home for 2 hours waiting for her callback wasting my time. Can I expect some compensation from WES for this lost time, lies and incompetence??? Today is Thursday late afternoon and she still hasn�t called, 2 days later, nothing, nada. Great job ladies and gentlemen.

When I spoke to Elyse, she also couldn�t be clear with her instructions, she put me on hold to talk to the person doing the actual evaluation for clarification. Make a long story short, I requested to talk to the evaluator direct and cut out the incompetent middles women, speaking of customer service representative Elyse, she told me that she can not connect me with the evaluator, it is against your policy, great policy, keep the confusion up and running, god forbid you put a policy in place that would actually be helpful to your customers. I asked her if I could speak to a supervisor and she told me that she was the highest ranked person on the job, wow what an organization you have there. At that point I hang up on her, because I couldn�t bare another minute on the phone with her. Elyse called me back the next day and told me that it would be ok if I send a fax explaining that the name of the institution has changed and that I didn�t have to go through the school in Germany. Maybe I should hang up on them every time, maybe I can get done what needs to get done faster. Of course when I called back Elyse if she received the fax, she told me, no, and I had to fax it again, great staff you have working there.

Every time I speak to a customer service representative I get a different answer and different documents are requested. Mind you that I graduated 30 years ago in Germany and no original documents are on file at the school. I mailed my original school report to my parents and they took it to the school to make a copy and mail it out to WES.

I would appreciate it if somebody could look into this matter with experience in this field so I can move forward.
Va

Comments

Ja
  24th of Nov, 2009
yes they are terrible. complain here:

i'm trying to get my money back right now. What a nightmare.

The NY Better Business Bureau has handled 129 complaints about WES in just 3 months, and for any business what makes it to the BBB is the tip of the iceburg.

If anyone else is having problems you might get a resolution by complaining to the Better Business Bureau who seem to have resolved some of the complaints:

- http://charityreports.bbb.org/public/complaint/complaint.aspx

(check out WES's BBB file here:
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/educational-consultants/world-education-services-inc-in-new-york-ny-9023/ )

also complain here to New York Attorney General Charities Division;

- http://www.charitiesnys.com/complaints_new.html

You can also post a review of them as a charity on the GuideStar database which is an important nonprofit reference, taken seriously by funders and nonprofit researchers:

- http://www2.guidestar.org/ReportNonProfit.aspx?ein=23-7396384&Mode=NonGx&lid=494030&dl=True
Fa
  24th of May, 2013
I agree with you, I've made a report and i wanted to cancel it after 2 hours of my order, I've contacted the customer services by e-mail, Now its been 15 days passed and they did not respond to me.
I highly recommend using ECE to evaluate.
An
  3rd of Jul, 2014
It has been seven months since I started the evaluation process and I have not heard anything from them at all. Their customer service department are just so rude to me each time I call; refusing to discuss my personal information that I willing submitted to them with me. How ridiculous! I have written emails upon emails and yet to no avail! I this point right now, I just want my money back! Very unprofessional of them.
Vi
  8th of Apr, 2015

World Education Services - Horrible service and employees and company
WES
Canada
wes.org

Horrible company
Do not waste your money
Never get a hold of them
They lose original documents and do not take responsibility for it
Employees are rude
Ma
  8th of Apr, 2015
I agree with you. I am one of their VICTIM and never return my money and document. AWFUL COMPANY
Ki