Work Out World / Scam

False cancellation of agreement. Kept charging me after cancellation.

In 04/29/10 I went to the WorkOut World office in Nashua, NH to cancel my account. They figured out the most complicated cancellation process. I complained and thought that we achieved a cancellation agreement. They stop sending me invoices and no information about rejection of my cancellation so I thought my cancellation went through. I even got an account with a different fitness club. In December I canceled my second account and realized that they were charging me for the old account. I contact them and they told me that my account was still active. They said the cancellation process was not completed properly and refuse to reimburse me. After googleling the problem I realized that I was not the only victim of this people scam.

Dr

Comments

• Vi
      15th of Jun, 2010
    Work Out World - Cancellation process very consumer un-friendly and obviously designed to be that way
    Work Out World
    workoutworld.com

Cancellation process very consumer un-friendly and obviously designed to be that way. You cannot cancel over the phone, over the web. You have to submit your request in writing and have it APPROVED(?!) by wow.

• Lg
      8th of Dec, 2010

False cancellation of agreement. Kept charging me after cancellation.

• Jr
      19th of Nov, 2011
    Work Out World - Don't ever do business with this company they are cheaters
    Work Out World

Don't ever do business with this company they are cheaters. My boyfriend canceled his and mine membership in 2007 over the phone. Well they processed my cancellation but never his and I've been charged for a whole years worth of dues and they refuse to reimburse me. This is the worse business ever.

• Ru
      4th of May, 2014

I joined Work Out World in Edison, NJ end of November 2013 and they offer a 1 month free Boot Camp group class so I signed up. After I month, I forgot to cancel it but then the month after I called them up and they told me the only way to cancel it is online. So I went online to cancel it and took a screen shot of the cancellation. 3 months later I find out they are still charging me. When I go into the club and speak to the manager he tells me that he can't do anything about it at the club and I can only contact customer service via their website like last time (they don't have a customer service phone #) so I submitted another request and was denied money back by Cassandra. She said they never received the request. I even sent her a screen shot with the date on it. This club is fraud! I would pay a few dollars more and join LA Fitness. Stay away from Work Out World. They will rip you off!