Wordans.com / order not received, no live customer assistance

Deerfield Beach, FL, United States

I ordered 35 onsies on april 30 for my daughter's baby shower may 20. They said they were shipping the order in 3 separate orders to make sure I got my shipment in a timely manner. Today is may 9 and I have received one onesie. They rest of the order says "shipping soon." on may 2 it says the order was partially shipped. That is 7 days for shipment. I wanted to find out if the other onsies would be delivered by may 20, otherwise I wanted to cancel my order. There is no response from the "orders @wordans.com" site. The phone number gives recorded messages with no ability to speak to a customer service agent. There is no way to request a cancellation or refund other than an email that goes into some unknown queue. I ended up ordering the product on amazon prime with 2 day shipping to ensure product in time for the event and spent 1/3 less money. If I am unable to get my order in time, or get a cancellation, I will dispute it by paypal. I think registering a complaint with bbb is fairly useless, but I do believe a complaint should be lodged with the attorney general's office as these business practices are clearly misleading. When a phone number is given on a site, the consumer is lead to believe they can have contact with a person to find out about orders. On this site, I see complaints that are very similar. Partial shipments, lengthy shipping time, inability to resolve issues with an agent. When I look at the responses given from the company, I see canned responses. The messages given on the phone only direct you to online communication, but there is no chat available. There is no return information included with the shipment, and on the site the return policy states "all returned or refused shipments are subject to a 20% or $25 (whichever is greater) restocking charge in addition to both outbound and return freight costs and cod charges." it also states that any cancellations must be requested within two hours of creating the order. There is no exception to the company's inability to provide the product in the time stated on the website. ("95% of all orders leave us in 48h") with the stated time for shipping to my state as 5 days.
Btw, the bbb rating for this company is f.
I wish I would have researched this company before I purchased from them. Beware of sites that are unknown to you. Look at complaints before you purchase. Best to just stick to amazon. No wonder why they are taking over internet sales.

• Updated by LVG1, May 10, 2017

In all fairness, I received an email stating that my order would be delivered by "said date". I did get a response from the helpdesk and they have promised delivery. I still feel if there were a problem I would have a difficult and time costly road to resolution, if any. I was shocked at the return policy stated above. There is absolutely no return of printed or washed items, which is understandable, but if you buy the wrong size, you need to change your order in the first 2 hours after purchasing. Other returns pay a hefty fee. The "cheap prices" are useful if you are purchasing large quantities, such as a corporate event, but otherwise the prices are similar to other sites. I did like the variety of colors from this site, which is why I chose to order from them.

• Wordans Customer Care's Response, Jun 26, 2017

Dear customer,

we apologize for the bad experience you had with your order.

We have registered your feedback for our improvement and would be happy to discuss a compensation with you for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Would you be so kind as to answer this message so that we can quickly address this issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Kind regards,
    Wordans Team

• Updated by LVG1, Jul 07, 2017

No compensation necessary. A change in business practice would help others though.

Lv