WMACTL / Fraudulent charges

1 Palo Alto, CA, United States Review updated:

My husband, a long distance truck driver, had an emergency at a rest area in the mountains of West Virginia. There was a pay phone with NO signage on the phone. He used his Capital One card to call long distance for 30 seconds -- only long enough to give me a call back number.

We got billed $16.

This is illegal. This company has dozens of complaints filed with the BBB, the FCC, and individual credit cards. That's exactly what we did -- immediatly filed a complaint with our credit card company and the FCC. PLEASE don't just gripe on these sites -- do something about it. Griping on these sites does nothing. Every single person on here says something like, "Well, I was going to dispute it..." Well, do IT. Chances are this company will not respond to the credit company's request, and the credit card company will rule in your favor. That's how it works. If you dispute a credit card charge, your card company will give this company a chance to reply; if they do not, the charge is erased.

Every single call made on one of these pay phones is fraudulent because they do not list prices. They MUST, by law, display something like "$5 for the first minute...etc." They do not. Apparently their charges are $32 for the first minute, because we were charged $16 FOR 30 SECONDS. Do you think we would have picked up that phone had that been posted? Of course not. My husband would have continued to drive down the road until he got a cell signal.

PLEASE, everyone -- dispute these charges with your credit card company.

Pa
May 29, 2015

More WMACTL Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Re
      19th of Dec, 2017

I just had to file against it, I didn’t kno what this was about when I looked at my transaction so I complained., 17$ for one minute and it told me to call that number just to have my phone turned back on

• Na
      9th of Aug, 2018

I got 89$ !? what is my transaction !?