Winners International / wanting money wire to claim winning

1 NC, United States Review updated:

My 86 year old mother in law received a phone call from someone named Michael Montgomery with Winners International. He told her she won $250, 000 and a car. All she needed to do was go get a money gram for $299.00 to cover taxes and fees. Then someone would meet her to get the check and 20 min later they would be at her house with the car and money. He also claimed to be a christian and gave her a story about this being real. He really played on her emotions and her being a christian. Thankfully the place where she was to get the money gram was closed and the people who have her cellphone called to say there was suspicious calls to and from Jamaica on her account.

Comments

• En
      13th of Aug, 2009

received a phone call from a Donald Walker, saying he was with UPS and notifying me I won 2.5 million from Winners International in Las Vegas and he would have the money delivered to my door step once I went to Western Union and wired $150.00 to Fenardo Clark in Montego Bay, Jamaica, West Indies W.I. and after I wired the money I was to com home and call him with the receipt number so he could deliver my money. After reading the Web site on Scams for Winner International. I did nothing, but would like to have people like that arrested and taken out of society. I hope this can be stopped.

Susan

• Li
      1st of Sep, 2009

I am from Hays, Ks. I got a call from a man claiming that i had been selected to win 2.5 million dollars from winners international, Bank of america. Said they needed me to wire $285 to a person in St. Mary, Jamacia, WI & call them back with the reference number for the correct IRS papers to be filed. I was so very, very stupid and did this. They kept saying to keep it confidential so noone would try to steal this money from me. Wanted me to get a non-published number first thing the next day and tell no one that new number. I didnt do that. By that time I had called the police. they got a tottal of $655 out of me and my stupidity!! They continue to call everyday now for 4 days now. Yesterday they called 128 times to my phone number. I just got woke up with a phone call at 5am again from them saying the three guys that had been talking to me were in fBI custody and that i was indeed this winner. I keep hanging up on them, but they just wont quit. Please everyone, be carefull. These guys are very intelligent and know exactly what to say and just how well to convince you.

• Li
      1st of Sep, 2009

i am very, very embarrassed to say that i was stupid enough to have fallen for a scam.!! Winners International called me from Buffalo, New York suppossedly and said i was one out of two people selected from winners international/bank of America to win 2.5 million dollars just because i used my bank credit/debit card regularly to pay bills, groceries, etc. They said this all needed to be very, very confidential and to get my phone number changed to non-published and tell no one so that no one would try to steal the money from me once the news was out. said they needed $285 for IRS paperwork to be registered before they could deliver me the money via ups with two federal agents along with the check. Wanted me to send the money to a Delroy robinson in st Mary, jamacia WI and then call them back with the reference number so they could continue enroute to me. then suppossedly a fed agent called me and said they had pulled them over and they had to have special Govt. safe sticker attatched to that large sum ammount of money and that fee would be $250. wanted me to send them that $250 dollars to the same person, same location and to do it immediately or the fbi agent was going to make them turn around with the travel of that much money. Then called me back wanting that reference number. All this money was sent via money gram to delroy Robinson, St. mary, jamacia WI. Then another call was made to me with another problem and they were wnting even more money. By that time ihad called the police. They got me for $655 before I realized what i originally thought was true, i was being scammed. I was called in one day alone 128 times by these people named Peter Meyer, first caller to me to announce "my winnings", another person named john cassidy, driver of check to deliver to me, verl Wilcox, general manager, shawn Sanders, FBI agent, Donal Trunk owner, manager. All were numbers from 876 area codes, then when i wouldnt answer anymore, they changed numbers they were calling me from to unlisted numbers. they are very convincing, very good at what they had set in place to scam a person out of money. I wish there were laws that could protect us so this doesnt happen to inocent, hard working people, that follow the law to the 'T". BEWARE!!! This is a SCAM!!!

• Db
      30th of Jan, 2010

I received the call today stating that I was the winner of a 2.5 million dollar prize. The caller, who had a pronounced foriegn accent, said that he was an investigator and he was the person assigned to inform me of this prize, all I had to do was wire the money via Western Union. After being suspicious about having to wire $250.00, I did further investigation and came across this website I am glad I didn't fall for this scam.

• Pe
      23rd of Mar, 2010

i received a call today from someone claiming to be with the UPS. I won 2.5 mill and in order to get it across state lines (that much money) I had to pay $450. The first thing I thought was scam. I told her I didnt have $450 and she persisted saying well what are you going to do to get your winnings?? I thought well dang if I won I shouldnt have to pay to get it. I hung up and she called right back and asked why I hung up?? I said because its BS scam...so I continued to talk to her because I wanted to hear more of the scam out of curiousity lol...she gave me an address where to send $450..to Ophelia Russell, 10 King st. Tampa Florida. yeah right!! she asked when will you be able to send it? I said im not able to...she said "I'll call you back " and hung up.

• Su
      23rd of Nov, 2010

I have constantly called about winning five and a half million dollars . but first I must pay 250.00 dollars to cover the intrest rates before I can receive my cash . from an offshore account.this is their #8764339500 ask for mister joe carter. everyone beware.

• Cr
      17th of Dec, 2010

Just happened to me. I am to wire $1099 to a "Dwayne Barnes" at "12 White House" in Jamaica, get the conf. number from Western Union, and when they come early tomorrow morning, the will refund my $1099 plus my $750, 000 prize! I received a message and called back from a different phone to get this fantastic news. Somehow, even though they didn't know who I was, were able to confirm for me that I was a winner, that Winner's International is not a scam, and that someone broke into their computer system last year and ran a scam from their legitimate program. That's why I can't find anything but SCAM written about Winner's International. Of course I'm not sending anything, there's no $750K for me because they don't even know who I am!!! Beware. The number they called from was 876-462-7165. That's where I called to get this "real story."

• Le
      19th of Jan, 2012

I just got a call from Mr Benny White ( he had a thick accent) with Winners international of Las Vegas, stating that I won $250, 000, All i needed to do was go to Wal-Mart or Wal-Greens and get 2 money-packs for $400.00 each. He asked me how long this would take me, that my secret password was 119, and that I should not tell anyone about this. He asked if my husband was home, and that I shouldn't tell him; just let him be surprised when he sees all that money in our checking account. He said, that a lawyer and 2 FBI agents would be escorting me to my bank to make the deposit. I was skeptical, so I just Googled Winners International and read one account after another of similar experiences by other people. I then called the police department and they told me this was a scam, not to give them any important information or any money. The man then called me back and i told him I had called the police and they said this was a scam, which changed Mr. Benny Whites tone quite a bit. He told me to F--- O-- B-tch. Oh well, it would have been so sweet to have won 250, 000! I hope no one falls for this.