Windstream / bad service!

1 Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

Since Windstream has taken over CTC I have had nothing but problems. Today when I tried to connect to get my e-mail I get a message to say my user name or password is incorrect. I called customer service who wasted my time for almost an hour, then told me to reinstall Thunderbird. Then I discovered that if I send mail to my account from another it gets returned with the message Invalid Recipient. So they messed up my account and their incompetent customer service individual could not even detect this. Windstream sucks big time.

Comments

• Br
      10th of Apr, 2008

I've been using CTC DSL service in my same Cornelius, NC home since 2005 and began running into the same problem 2/29/08. Windstream supports (routed overseas) is very little help and the issue is solely theres. Our laptops still work at high-speeds at work, hotels, hot-spots, even on my Sprint Wireless. It's not our internal wireless because the same problem occurs when connected directly to the modem. After over half-a-dozen calls to support I'm at my whits end with Windstream and looking like I'm going to half to invest in Hughes Net to get internet in my house. Avoid Windstream if possible.

• Am
      14th of Jul, 2008

I agree with everyone! Today i just recieved this phony bill from a colelction agency saying i owe $80.00 from like 5 years ago!! Which is absurd!! I am up to date with my bills. I fell behind a lot back a year ago but always ended up paying my phone. Anyways they turn off your phone when you dont pay and you HAVE TO PAY to have your phone turned back on!! There is no way i owe that money. ANyone have this same issue??