Windstream / poor service

United States Review updated:
Windstream service is getting worse by the day. Can not seem to get any service or help from anyone. People i do get to talk to can't speek english. Why do i have to talk to someone in India to get proplems solved?

N  10th of Oct, 2007 by

Windstream - No service

My friend signed up for windstream Sept.5th and has had no service. She need help. She cannot get on Internet. She is still being Billed.
A  9th of Jan, 2008 by
Windstream is the absolute worst and Alltel isnt far behind. I had the same problmeas others have mentioned here. I was billed after my services were disconnecte. I was billed when I had NO service. I called customer service and was bullied and threatened there.

Now, I make a concerted effort to tell everyone I can that they will be robbed by Windstream. I filled out a complaint form against them with the FCC and havent heard from them. Recently, AOL was fined millions for ripping off their customers the same way. There has to be a way to stop them from this. it is fraud and theft. Ordinary people like us would have been arrested and charged with a crime for similar actions. Spread the word, cost them customers, then they might shape up.
N  19th of Jun, 2008 by
I have spent three days trying to get my e-mail fixed. This is absurd, and Windstream needs to be dealt with harshly. I am not the only one, I have spoken to several individuals that are totally disgusted with the unacceptable or lack their of service and resolution to internet problems.

I am sick of speaking or trying to speak to individuals with broken English speaking skills in India. I am demanding satisfaction and will deduct daily charges for service I am not getting.

Disgusted and Mad,
Victoria L. Lacy.
A  2nd of Aug, 2008 by
Windstream should make no claims about good or even acceptable customer service. I have reached this opinion based on how Windstream has treated me over the past 8 days.

Contact with Windstream on 7-25-08
I called my local Windstream office to see about telephone and internet service. I gave the lady my information (name, address, cell phone number, etc) She read back the information with the wrong street name. I corrected her saying it was South not West. She told me that someone would call me on 7-28-08 with my new phone number and scheduled installation date and time. As I work via the Internet, I will have to delay working for one week and take a loss of $1000 wages.

I did not receive a phone call from Windstream.

I went into the local Windstream office. The lady couldn't find my information in the computer. Finally she found the handwritten form in a cupboard. She wrote my phone number and installation date (8-1-08) on a blue post-a-note and gave it to me. I asked what time on the 1st would the technician be out. She said "Oh, they will call you before they come out". Then she verified my cell phone number.

Ok I have planned my whole day to be home and available for the Windstream service technician. At 2pm, I call the office wondering if the tech is coming or not. The lady tells me that they work until 7pm and yes the tech will be out. She doesn't verify any information like name, address or contact number.

8pm on 8-1-08
No technician, no phone call from the technician or the Windstream office. I contact the repair department as they are the only ones available. The lady there informs me that I am not in the system and would have to contact the business office on Saturday morning between 8 and 5 EST.

8:15am EST 8-2-08
I call the phone number I was given by the repair representative and get a recording that tells me I need to call back during business hours. So I call repair again. The lady there tells me I have to wait until 8am my time (MT) to reach the business office. So I go to Windstream.com. There it says that the business office is open from 8:30 to 5 Eastern. By now it is 8:40 Eastern. So I call the business office number again. I still get the recording that I need to call back during business hours.

So I call repair again. I ask to speak with a supervisor. I explain to the supervisor that I am very upset and I really need to contact the business office. She places me on hold while she gets someone from the business office on the line. The person from business finally finds my installation information. He is upset with me because I don't have the work order number. I was never given a work order number.

Finally he finds my information and tells me that I gave them the wrong address so my installation was placed on hold until I contacted them. He informed me that it was my fault that the tech was sent to West instead of South and that I would just have to wait until the next available time for installed. I asked him why the technician had not called me when there was a problem; he said "We don't do that. We wait for the customer to call us when we don't show up."

I went to where I had Internet access to look up the corporate information for Windstream. I find 501-748-7000 is the main office number. I call it and as I expected, got a recording. The male voice said to leave a message and someone would return my call during the next business day. Then a female voice says "This number does not accept messages".

So the poor communication and customer service starts right at Windstream corp headquarters.

So here I sit waiting until 8-8-08 sometime between 8 am and noon to maybe, possibly, have a technician appear to install my phone/internet service. I wonder if Windstream will reimburse me for the second week of lost wages or even apologize to me for the physical and emotional stress their poor customer service has caused me.
N  26th of Sep, 2008 by
My bill has been more then was explain to me it would be. The bill was suppose to be 67.00 for six months then go up ten more dollars afterward. However I have been paying from 85.00 for six month since the purchase. This month it is 103.06 and I can't figure out why. Since I have been paying already more then what was stated I am sending only the 67.00 the original quote.
N  30th of Jul, 2009 by
I don't know anything about windstream, but service is pretty much the same with many companies now. Outsourced to a place whose people speak english so badly most people can't make heads or tails of it. I feel your aggravation.
N  16th of Mar, 2010 by
We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. All of our Customer Service Centers are located in the United States. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com
N  9th of Dec, 2012 by
Called In September to turn off caller ID, etc. on regular phone line. It was finally turned off in December. Ordered wireless router last week, called yesterday they have no record of my order. I am fed up with this company!! The foolish people I have talked with have no IQ more than a worm!! I have been a customer for six years, never been late on payment of a bill which always too high ! I I am very upset!

Doris Franklin
1299 Washington Dr.
Moody, AL 35004
N  6th of Aug, 2015 by
I have had Windstream for about a year. First off I was paying for 16 meg service and was only get speeds around 400kb max for downloads. About a month ago they upgraded the lines to fiber optics when actually got my speeds up the 16 megs. HOWEVER, my internet has been down at least4 times in the past 4 weeks. The service technician for the first call came 3 days after the promised time. Every time I called I was told he should be there today and he never showed up. I took off work at least 2 of those days thinking they would be there. Since then I have lost my connection 3 more times and each time the person on the phones says its the line and they have to send someone out 3 or 4 days from that day. This is completely frustrating. I keep having the same issue over and over and apparently no one knows how to fix it where it will not continue to happen. They are lucky because I don't have cable as an option where I live or I would have jumped ship a long time ago...

Windstream Communications Logo Windstream Communications