Wimpy / bad service

Being a mother of a three-year old boy, who loves to eat at the Wimpy, I wish to bring under your attention that I am very disappointed in The Wimpy for not catering for cutlery for children. Seeing that you have a children’s menu I think it is only fair to ask that you supply cutlery suitable for children. The reason I request this is that my son is expected to eat with a (very sharp) steak knife and I am sure you can imagine how dangerous this is (a normal blunt butter knife, will do). I will appreciate it if you could look into the matter so that we can have many more “safe” outings at the Wimpy.

• ocnarf07's Response, Aug 14, 2018

I have been visiting various Wimpy's in South Africa and I am disgusted in the condition of their seats. Why do we, as customers, have to sit on broken seats?
    One site was Wimpy Mooiriver Mall Potcgefstroom and the other one was Wimpy Midrand.
    I also noticed that other Wimpy's in South Africa has the same problem

Ja

Comments

• Nj
      29th of Apr, 2013

During the last month we have been in two different Wimpy's and have now decided that we are Wimpy customers NO MORE. Dirty eating utensils seem to be the order of the day PLUS the tables are not regular wiped between clients.

• El
      5th of Aug, 2014

We ate at the Wimpy in Schoemansville at Hatbeespoort dam yesterday. The food was disgusting to say the least. The chicken looked like it was cooked in water in a pot, not even grilled and the French fries was cold and dry when it arrived. We complained and they didn't let us pay but this isn't what it's all about. We will rather not go there again, because it's the second time that we're not happy with the food.

• Mr
      6th of Feb, 2015

Wimpy save ways -witbank. Resturant is filthy, tables unwashed and covered in tomatoe sauce. Only 2 staff members serving the whole restaurant. They do not have many of the items on the menu. The soft serve machine has been broken since December 2014, they can only serve 2 flavours of milkshake and no icecream at all. They only have 2 flavours of muffins Available? . HOW CAN THEY RUN A RESTURANT LIKE THIS..? Have always enjoyed the wimpy, it's a family institution, but the restaurant in question is a disgrace and it's so sad to see the staff having to cover up for the useless owners who, quite clearly do not give a damn . Enough to put you off eating at a Wimpy for life, surely they as a franchise have a standard to Maintain?

• Mr
      6th of Feb, 2015

Please do something to maintain our love of the Wimpy restaurants.

• Ba
      9th of Jul, 2016

I went to Wimpy in Beckenham with my brother & we both ordered a breakfast. I ordered the build your own which was supposed to come with half a griddled tomato & a slice of toast. The toast was hardly toasted & instead of half a tomato I only got a slice. My brother ordered the Country Breakfast & he was supposed to get half a tomato which he never got, & the chef forgot to put the bacon on the plate which he brought to him afterwards but it was burnt.
    I mentioned these things to the waitress but she didn't seem interested.
    Miss B. Kingston
    E Mail address barbarakingston@msn.com

• Yv
      1st of Aug, 2016

Just ordered a double up breakfast and a cheese griller breakfast for take away and i was shocked to see what they actually gave me and what they advertise is 2 completely different products!!! There where almost no bacon just the pieces of fat on in!!! The eggs and bacon both still raw!!! bread half toasted!!! Really not impressed at all!!! Do not waste your money to go and eat at Wimpy Quagga Centre!!!

• 12
      11th of Sep, 2017

We went to the Wimpy at the Glen on Sunday morning (10th September) and sat down to have breakfast. We ordered our drinks and fifteen minutes later we were give our coffee and tea. It was not extremely busy as it was 8h55 in the morning. We mentioned this to the manager and he said he would address the issue. Not sure how this was done as he just stood on the side with the other manager.

We advised the waiter to forget about us ordering and give up the bill which we paid and left

This is not the first time we have gone there and received bad service however this will be the last.

• Pr
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Wimpy International - Breakfast
    Kranskop south
    South Africa

On the 02 nd August drove to Engen garage to buy breakfast I Bought farm house with other items as well, but instead was given the national breakfast.Which i was not happy about, The sad part is I was charged for the farm house breakfast which i did not receive .Only noticed when i got to work .This was very disappointing.

• Oc
    Wimpy International - Bad condition of seats
    South Africa

I also noticed that other Wimpy's in South Africa has the same problem.

• Ro
    Wimpy - Food at Wimpy White River
    South Africa

On Monday 5 March we went to Wimpy White River for breakfast.
    Our eggs were very greasy and unhealthy. My husband had a burger and was served oven chips - most disappointing. Both husband and I suffered tummy problems after our breakfast. The service was good and the coffee delicious.

Wimpy - Substandard and poor quality food
    Amanzimtoti KZN
    wimpy.co.za

Ordered farmhouse breakfast and breakfast bowl with coffee, received cold coffee had to send back. food arrived cold and breakfast bowl eggs not cooked properly and not served as per menu standards. Wimpy Galleria mall Kwazulu Natal not to standard at ALL.

• Ol
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Wimpy - Freezing granadilla flavour
    Queenstown Lukhanji
    South Africa

I ordered a freezing with my meal and there was a hair strand on my freezo and this is not the first time I've had a service problem in this wimpy store. Last time I ordered muesli with yoghurt and only to be told after 45 minutes that there's no muesli.

• He
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Wimpy Engen Beaufort West - Service
    Apo, Armed Forces Middle Easts
    South Africa

Driving 3 hours to take a break And to hve bfast. Waited 50 minutes for food. Eventually got up And left due yo very bad poor service. They have bad attitude too.

Wimoy will never see us again.

• Ro
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Wimpy kranskop - Food
    wimpy.co.za

The service was ok however we waited over 30 Min for our food and on arrival it was burnt and very poorly presented.

I didn't even bother to complain as this has happend before I just left and will not return

4th of Sep, 2018
    Wimpy - black friday burger special
    Pretoria

Good Day.

I am very dissapointed on the black friday burger special at your wimpy in Pick and Pay Hypermarket Faerie Glen. The burgers had mold on them. How do u serve burgers with mold. The manager said i am sorry. Sorry really. And we can have another 1.

Seriously dissapointed at the quality control.
    TIME 08H35
    Johnathan

5th of Sep, 2018
    Wimpy - chops on your menu
    Lakefield
    South Africa

I love your chops, but realized tonight that it is a disgrace to pay R142 for 4 pieces and the meat is 3cmx3cm in size...the rest is Fat. I promised myself not to do that Ever again. Come on Wimpy...it is like that at every branch. You can certainly do better than that for that price.

• Nd
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Wimpy musina - The food
    South Africa

It took 15 mins to get a waiter. The food took 40 mins to come and was very cold. Was asked to reheat it took another 15 mins. Spoke to the so called Manager Shelton he walked off as I was talking. This is unacceptable behavior.

• Dh
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Wimpy - birthday burger special
    South Africa

Hi I would like to find out why is this special not available for vegetarians as a regular wimpy customer I find this to be unreasonable that you don't offer any specials for your vegetarian customers.
    Also your breakfast special is not for vegetarian.
    I would like a response to this.
    Regards
    Dhiren Ramadeen
    dhirenramadeen@gmail.com

• Gr
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Wimpy International - Paper Straws

Good Morning

My name is Mrs Khumalo, I visited Wimpy @ Westgate Centre on the 12/10/2018 the waiter was friendly service was good. My problem are these Paper Straws which got torn while sitting on my son's glass of coke. I refused to use it what's the logic because was and paper. It was very disappointing.