Williams Sonoma Hot Chocolate / Get less at same costs

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I recently bought Williams Sonoma's Hot Chocolate. I got home and opened the tin and to my dismay found the chocolate to be less than full. Luckily, I still had one of the decorative tins that I saved from last year. I pulled the tin from the shelf and saw that it was 14.5 ounces. The new one I bought was amazingly only 12 ounces. And, the cost remained the same at $19.50. That's almost 20% less chocolate for the same amount of money. And, the tin is exactly the same size on the outside. Had I not saved last year's tin I would not have known the difference! Needless to say I won't be going back to shop there. I felt they deceived their customers and I've been shopping there for over 15 years. Times are tough, they should have at least let their customers know. It's a ripoff!!! Only makes 8 cups, now instead of 10.

Ja

Comments

• Vi
      17th of Jun, 2010

Nah, I think that's just a form of inflation. Consider that for a minute. What's the real difference? They could have charged you $2.00 more this year -- or just given you less and kept the price the same. Food costs are sky-rocketing if you hadn't noticed.

It was your choice to buy it, and it stated the ounces right on the can. Nothing deceiving about that.