Wet Seal / Money scam

United States Review updated:
2.5
I purchased a coat with CASH at Wet Seal to give to my daughter for Christmas. After getting it home we realized that the coat would not be warm enough. Less than a week later I went to return the coat and they would not give me my money back. All they would give me was an in store credit. They have no other coat to buy. During these economically trying times I now have useless $14.35 credit and no coat for my daughter. Simply put Wet Seal has taken my money and given me nothing in return. When an individual does that it is called theft. When Wet Seal does it they call it a �return policy�. What I want is my money returned so that I can buy my daughter a winter coat.

Do not check out at Wet Seal unless you are 100% sure that you want the merchandise.
Ha

Comments

Bl
  21st of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
they tell you when you check out that you cannot get your money back..all they offer is merchandise credit or exchange.

if you bought the coat and only recieved a credit for 14.35...that means it was a cheap coat and cheap coats dont keep people warm .

dont hate a store that has a policy that you didnt understand, and take more time to really choose what you want because more stores are going to this no return policy.

i guess as consumers we cant just go buy stuff in HOPE of it working

would you stop shopping at wal mart if they started this?
Bo
  25th of Jan, 2009
I went to Wet Seal yesterday and bought a shirt for 23.49 My debit card had been declined so I told them to charge it as credit. Well the cashier had me swipe again and charged me AGAIN. Except she only gave me the receipt that had the one price printed. I went home checked my bank account online and saw that they charged me twice. I went back the next day, bank statement and receipt in hand and the manager wouldn't give me a refund or a shirt of the same value even though, it was there fault! I called my bank and they said since it was still a pending transaction, to wait until the 27th to see if it would post twice. If so, then we could dispute it. However, they should've given me a refund or a shirt of the same value anyway! I had this happen to me previously when a store double charged me and I showed them the statement and the receipt and they gave me my money back. But these people at Wet Seal are so money hungry that they obviously don't care about their customers because the cashier didn't even bother to tell me: "Ma'am I'm sorry I charged you twice, let me try to erase it" No, she just kept her mouth shut. I'd been in there store and had never bought anything but this is the 1st and LAST time I'll EVER buy anything from them.
Sm
  30th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Shouldn't you have realized it wouldn't be warm enough before you purchased it? It's too bad you blame the company for your irresponsibility. Lesson learned: Find out return policies BEFORE you buy. Retailers vary in their policies and as a consumer, it is YOUR responsibility to ask what they are! Buyer beware.
La
  18th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
A lot of stores give you store credit in return, if they didn't, they wouldn't make money and they wouldn't exist. Should have read the excghane policy and checked if it was warm enough before buying it.
St
  19th of Jul, 2009
Most stores of this kind do not have an exchange/store credit only policy like this. Even Forever 21 asks you if you know their return policy without having such a ridiculous policy. They should warn you before you buy anything that you cannot return it as this is not expected for this kind of store
Sh
  9th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Here's another good one. My daughter got a shirt for her birthday from Wet Seal, and the person that gave it to her had crossed out the price on the tag. Note, the tag was still attached, but just the price was crossed out. The shirt was too small, but since the price was crossed off on the tag, they refused even an in-store credit!!
Rh
  27th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Harry, no coat that is warm is going to cost less than 15 dollars. I'm sorry, but if you didn't check the warmth of the coat, that is your problem. If you want warm, go to Columbia or North Face. My winter coat is from Abercrombie and it's the warmest coat I've ever owned, and it cost the same as a Columbia or North Face coat. Don't pull the 'the economy is bad...' card. We all know that. That doesn't excuse over looking a store policy or complaining about them because you didn't take the time to make sure you understood everything.
La
  29th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
The return policy is ridiculous. I worked for them for over a year and had atleast one complaint daily about the policy. It is a total rip off whether the customer knows about it or not.
Je
  1st of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I work for them now and yea, it's ridicuous, but you are supposed to be 100% informed of the policy before even one item is scanned. It's not the store's fault that you weren't listening. 99 percent of every person I tell about the return policy ignores every word I say, so I feel no pity for you. You probably were told, you just had something more important to pay attention to...
Sh
  19th of Aug, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
you know what, i had the exactly same experience as you did. All they offer is merchandise credit or exchange, that's fine! BUT, they even gave me a merchandise credit card with no money on it!!!How can they do that? I will never buy anything at Wet Seal anymore.
Te
  5th of Mar, 2011
you shouldnt buy ANYTHING unless you're 100% sure you want it
Ha
  13th of May, 2011
people read the return policy it is there in black and white

The Wet Seal Logo The Wet Seal