Westlake Financial Services / car finance company fraud
This company is quite crass and unprofessional. I've been doing poor business with them since 2004 and have regretted it since...
Now I keep track of all my bills each and every month: they are 1st written out, next to the amount due, then followed by the "due date". When the bill has been paid, it is noted, along with the date paid in red ink - every bill is written out the exact same way. So ofcourse I find it hard to believe that I have over $200 in late fees that I have no recollection about whatsoever! In 2007 I fell upon economic hardship and was unable to make a payment in july; because of that I double my payment the very next month. Later in 2007 I received a call stating that I was given a "one-time" chance to pay up any late fees and get myself caught up. I thought about it, and jumped at the opportunity. Now in january 2008 I relocated from la to georgia, when they found out that I no longer resided in la county they threatened to repo my car if I didn't disclose my new address to them. Then suddenly added some fees for what they called "late fees" namimg dates I had paid late from 2005 (but paid late fees for back then) and for leaving the state without their permission. They even began calling my listed references and old employer (what they had on file) asking my whereabouts and telling them that I "am behind on car payments and am hiding my car so that is does not get repossessed"... What? Shortly after that I decided I had enough and signed up for online banking (to ensure they received their payments on time) and started asking for and noting my payoff balance each month. It is now novemver, according to my calculations this month is my last car note, so if comes as a total surprise to me when they tell me my payoff balance is $1000 more than what it should be. And what was their main defense?... According to westlake I am 1 whole month behind due to a missed payment in july 2007 and I have a repo fee on my account. I wonder how is that when my car was never repo'd or out of my possession not 1 time!? These people are ridiculous and i've decided to find as much as I can about then becuz they are well in breach of their legal rights. And I believe a class action law suit in well overdue...
More Westlake Financial Services Complaints & Reviews
- Westlake financial - repo 
- Westlake financial - fraudulent company 
- Westlake Financial Services - overcharges 
- Westlake financial - unprofessional service! 
- Westlake Financial Service - unsolicited phone calls 
- Westlake Financial Services - service
- Westlake Financial Services - illegal repossession of my pickup truck
- Westlake Financial Services - didn't honor warranty their car was sold to us with.
- Westlake Financial Services - my loan has been paid off over 90 days and it still shows I owe westlake money
- Westlake Financial Services - predatory lender with fraudulent business practices and false reporting to credit bureaus