Western Dental / refund process

1 Plaza BlvdNational City, CA, United States Review updated:

The National City, CA Western Dental Office overcharged my debit card by 122.00 on 5/7/09 and when I caught it I called that office for a refund. Their accounting manager Myra was rude and told me it would take 3 to 6 weeks for a refund. I asked to speak to her manager Cindy and she confirmed it would take that long. I asked for their corporate number and spoke with Diana she told me 5 to 7 days and I have yet to see a refund. It is now 5/25/09 and by 6/3/09 I will owe another payment. What will they do then when I don't pay? They sent a receipt for the amount owed not the amount taken. The only records I have are my bank records that show their mistake. It looks like I'll have to devote even more time to this misshap. On top of the 3.50 charge I encurred for faxing proof of the mistake via my bank records. I don't even trust my bank account is safe now that I sent this information to them.

I have yet another call in to their financial officer David Joe. Waiting to see if I will get a call back. As of now I have cancelled all my appointments and refuse to do any more business with them. I am unhappy with the cosmetic work they did and now that they can't even accomplish proper ediquite in customer service.

Comments

• Jb
      23rd of Jul, 2009

western dental manager Kahroba Ayazi 661 341 3401 located 44407 Challenger Way, Lancaster, CA 93535 told me bill was paid off as of feb. 2009. In march 2009 i recieved calls sayin i am being charged with late fees. I had meeting with manager who promised to close account because there was a mistake and i shouldnt be charged with late fees. Manager then promised to fax copy of bill where it shows i paid account off. It is now end of July 2009 and i am still being charged late fees and recieving harrasing calls from collection department. I have met many times with manager who claims she corrected mistake and that bill should be paid off. I feel something should be done to take care of this matter but im not sure what to do. Please help me i believe this is fraud. my email is bigboyjeb00@yahoo.com

• Br
      24th of Jul, 2009

AND IT CONTINUES...

Western Dental Manager @ Corporate office named Cindy was both rude and incompetent. A late charge has been assessed to my account as well. My first complaint was about an overcharge accounting error that occured on 5/7/09 and my cosmetic veneers that are on crooked. I was refunded incorrectly by their books. I received my full refund but, when I called to ask for an adjustment to the statement showing their error and asked them to correct it, Cindy blew off her rude mouth. My records indicated that I was refunded 122.00 and the account @ western dental said I was refunded 100.00, thus giving my account a credit of 22.00. When I brought this to the attention of their office before any late charges occured they said they would fix it. It's to their benifit that they do, right? Cindy then said she would not send an adjusted statement and that she would not waive the late fee. Even though I asked for my account to be corrected well before it would have been late, I couldn't trust their accounting and so I was waiting to hear before I sent any money. I was still charged a late fee. She said I should pay the late charge because, she would pay it if it were her. She was just plain RUDE!! She should be fired!!
    I told her I'd contact my lawyer. Who told me to pay and then sue them for malpractice and damages. I may not get the late fee waived but, believe me they will pay damages and I will make sure Cindy is named in the lawsuit for her horribly rude conduct.

• Al
      20th of Apr, 2017

I was told I needed a full mouth debridement by Western Dental last year I think in December they said that my insurance won't cover it so I had to pay out of pocket so we made a plan to pay deposit and about $50 a month from there until it was paid the next month the doctor came and told me that the dentist or nurse gave me an incorrect treatment and then I was going to be refunded it was later in the day so they told me that I could call to do the paperwork after I did that and it took them two weeks I had to keep calling and finally someone in the office at my local office said that it got turned in the 26th of January this year 2017 I still have not received a refund even though they said it would take 20 to 40 business days it is now almost May of 2017 I have called customer service I have demanded to talk to the manager and I received nothing from anybody I'm infuriated and I'm going in there tomorrow demanding to talk to the manager I feel so powerless they should go out of business!