Wells Fargo / harassment & lousy response services

I purchased an auto through a local dealer and was sort of strong armed into accepting a 10.5% loan from Wells Fargo (percentage revealed as I was signing purchase agreement). Submitted all insurance paperwork to dealer. I had to buy a new car because my son had wrecked our car and it was fully insured. I needed a vehicle quickly so I accepted the terms hoping to refinance later. Almost immediately I started receiving notices from Wells Fargo stating that I had no insurance and that they were going to impose insurance from the infamous Balboa Ins. Company. My agent has faxed copies of my policy 3 times, and I continued to get statement demanding payment for insurance to Wells Fargo. I did not make my payment this month, as I am fed up with them and figured this would get their attention. Boy did it! They call me around 7:30 Am on Sunday, and 7 Am for the next couple days demanding payment. I found one nice phone person who accepted the actual payment (minus imposed insurance) over the phone... Wells Fargo continues to call me demanding my payment. Anyone out there interested in a class action suit? Now that I've started to do my research on Wells Fargo, I see that their lending practices are quite shady. They aren't nice grannies after all.

Comments

• Tr
      27th of Dec, 2007

I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING LAWYERS WHO DEAL WITH CREDITOR HARRASMENT. WELLS FARGO GOES BEYOND THE WORD HARRASSMENT. I CAN BE ONE DAY LATE AND THEY WILL CALL MY HOME &, JOB AS MANY AS 20-30 X A DAY NO EXAGERATION.

IM A NERVOUS WRECK WITH ALL THE EARLY AND LATE CALLS. THEY HANG UP CALL RIGHT BACK ITS NOT A COMPUTER ITS THEM.

• Fe
      14th of Mar, 2009

I have the same issue and I'm the Co-Signer. They don't call my brother in law who is the person paying the bill more than once -- but they call my phone up to 8 times a day and on Sundays. It is ridiculous. I took all of the numbers they ever called me from and saved them on my cell phone as something else (took 3 different names because there were over 10 different numbers) and I set the ring tone to one beep so that I know that I don't have to check the phone. My sister will make a payment through their online payment center and they will still call me for a week or two after because the people calling you say "I can't see that screen so I don't know if you paid it or not" BS. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr...