[Resolved] Waypoint Homes / Kept security deposit/billed for fictitious damages

5 The Woodlands, TX, United States Review updated:

After renting a house for two years, I moved out September 2016. I have paid over $1880 in security deposits, pet deposits, and pet rent in those two years. Upon move-out, I received a bill for $3844.53 for damages. Damages included: carpet replacement, full house painting, trash removal, light bulb/air filter replacement, "floor management fee", and appliance cleaning.
I had the carpets steam cleaned before moving out, even though the previous owner, Sterling Homes specifically stated that they did not clean the carpets only vacuumed before move-in, leaving possible stains under the carpet.
Original paint, spackle, and tile were all left in garage for what amounted to touch-up work.
Trash could have been placed in receptacle located in garage and placed at street, for which my Waste Management fees were already paid for.
There were no lights out in the house, and there were extra air filters located in laundry room.
Appliance cleaning could have been done with 409 in a matter of 30mins.

My $1880 in deposits/rent would have covered all of this. Waypoint/Colony Starwood is guilty of fleecing their residents and engaging in unethical/immoral business practices. They are now trying to pursue this through collections, which I will not pay. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Resolution statement

• Waypoint Homes Customer Care's Response, Mar 27, 2017

Hi Justin, We just responded to your review on Yelp. Please email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address to [protected]@waypointhomes.com so we can take a look at your move out statement. Thank you. -- Waypoint Homes

Ju
Mar 24, 2017

Comments

• Tr
      29th of Apr, 2017

waypoint seems to be doing this to lots of people. I was renting from them for over 2 years. got a bill for over $3500! Some of my bill included. pressure cleaning the outside of house!! replacing under sink cabinet where it had several leaks and were all reported due to way point crappy renovations. the list goes on and on. They make up charges. I am obtaining an attorney to preceed with legal actions.