Washington Mutual / Customer service on payoff!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

We paid off an equityline loan with WaMu and have proof of delivery of their receipt of two different pay off checks. They lost the first one and have still not applied the second to payoff and we are getting collection calls 3 times a day accusing us of having defaulted on the loan. When you speak to their customer service and collection departments they will not give you direct numbers or email addresses for follow up so every contact you make, you are starting over with a new person. Both departments have refused to let us speak to a manager. Their customer service is deplorable! We will get it resolved but it is very scary as these people are in positions where they can impact a customers credit score. Someone on an executive level at WaMu nees to be aware of how bad their customer service is and retool it.

On the other hand - kudos to IndyMac!! Even though none of this is their fault, they have 3 people actively working with us to get a resolution with WaMu.

Sh

Comments

Je
  6th of Oct, 2008

I definitely agree with you on WaMu. We also have a home equity line of credit, and while we got behind in payments, we've been vigorously working to get the account up-to-date - but without any assistance from WaMu.
Each time I call, I'm given a different name as to who my account manager is. Twice I called and was told by the person I was speaking to that they were my account manager; and then later told that someone else is my acct. manager.
If I call and speak with someone and make a payment, someone else will call that same day or the day after and say they've been trying to reach us with no success.
I set up a repayment plan with one individual, and the next time they state a different amount. While I'm on the phone with them, the amount changes several times.
Their mortgage offices are the same. Most speak English, but they don't seem to understand English... so you go round and round, and nothing is ever resolved to your satisfaction. The next time you call and ask what the notes are from the last conversation, they have little to do with the conversation you actually had with someone.
We didn't choose WaMu... our loan was sold to them. We will NOT be using WaMu in the future. It's really shameful that they operate in such an irresponsible manner - especially with issues as important as mortgages and lines of credit.