Washington Mutual / Customer service on payoff!
We paid off an equityline loan with WaMu and have proof of delivery of their receipt of two different pay off checks. They lost the first one and have still not applied the second to payoff and we are getting collection calls 3 times a day accusing us of having defaulted on the loan. When you speak to their customer service and collection departments they will not give you direct numbers or email addresses for follow up so every contact you make, you are starting over with a new person. Both departments have refused to let us speak to a manager. Their customer service is deplorable! We will get it resolved but it is very scary as these people are in positions where they can impact a customers credit score. Someone on an executive level at WaMu nees to be aware of how bad their customer service is and retool it.
On the other hand - kudos to IndyMac!! Even though none of this is their fault, they have 3 people actively working with us to get a resolution with WaMu.
More Washington Mutual Complaints & Reviews
- Washington Mutual - Loan modification and incorrect credit report 
- Washington Mutual - Overdraft charges! 
- Washington Mutual - Fraud and scam 
- Washington Mutual - Unethical practices and buying out mortgages 
- Washington Mutual - Anyone that considers opening accounts with them should beware! 
- Washington Mutual - Unethical treatment of Wamu clients 
- Washington Mutual - Fraudulent charges
- Washington Mutual - Unauthorized billing
- Washington Mutual - How WAMU contributed to the mortgage meltdown 
- Washington Mutual - Scammers!