WarranTech / harassing phone calls about auto warranty!

ID, United States Review updated:

I have been receiving harassing phone calls for about 8 months now regarding my expired automobile warranty. The problem... after awhile I grew tired of just simply hanging up on the automated speech, so I pushed the corresponding number to be connected with a representative, and before I could even get the words " please take me" out of my mouth, I was hung up on. The next time I received a phone call from what I assumed was the same company I played the game again and pressed the appropriate numbers to supposedly have my number removed from their list. (This happened to be the very next day.) Unfortunately after that the calls seemed to escalate. I tried asking for the name of the company and was immediately hung up on again. So I used my local phone companies last call return service to track about three different numbers from the same company, all of which would not connect me to anyone, or give me the name of the company. About this time I began to suspect that the company involved was not legitimate. Maybe this was a scam. The next time that I was home to receive one of their daily doses of harassment, I, and I am not proud of this, screamed profanity into the phone while telling the woman to stop *&*&(^*() calling my house. She replied cool as a cucumber, "you're just gonna keep getting them!" To that I said something else, and then this time appropriately,was hung up on. Believe it or not it was less than a week later that I received another phone call. This is where it gets good. I had decided to play the game. I baited "Alan". Exchanging fictitious information long enough to get a company name and web address out of him. After I refused to give hime 3,800.00 until he gave me a phone number, yet again I was disconnected. So I decided to do something about it!!! Now I had the company name and web address. That believe it or not was all that I needed to get the names of the chief executive officer, the executive vice president, and the senior vice president. From their good ole google help me to find two of their home addresses and phone numbers!! Hold on though... before I go postal I did hack into the company phone directory and leave a voice mail on the senior vp's mail box informing him of the harassment taking place and what my intentions were if they didn't stop. From there in case this fell on deaf ears I have back up. Remember the company name? Well all tax paying legitimate companies must file with the SEC. And guess what? They too have a website where you can look up the different companies and the owners of them! I also have that information now as well as the lawyers name and number that is representing them! Don't take it anymore, let's start calling them at home too!!! P.S. If you have been receiving these calls as well, the companies name maybe Warrantech, and the website maybe www.warrantech.com, Pissed of, in Idaho!
St

Comments

An
  11th of Apr, 2008
The company you are referring to is Pacific guard warranty. www.pacificguardwarranty.com

Their office is located in TX however their hired telemarketing service is in Pleasant Hill, California 925-429-3408 press 0 for a rep. Managers are Christian Westbrook and Doug Butcher. They are #1 scam artists. If you google pacific Guard warranty, you will see what others are saying. Mainly at /link removed/

No matter how many times you ask to be removed from the call list, they will pleasantly inform you they will remove you. "They dont and wont". Some will just hang up on you.

If you play along with their game, you are only wasting your time. Per say if you give them a bogus creditcard or Checking account. They have a system that verifies weather the account is good or not and will pursue you for the correct information. Never buy a warranty from them! They are ripping people off royally. Warrentech is their soul survivor however: they are not responsible for Pacific Guards actions. Pacific Guard Warranty is the company that you all need to know about.

More to it then this, but nuff said, Have a great day and good luck.
Wo
  18th of Jul, 2008
i have been an employee of this company for almost 1 year and i have witnessed nothing but legitimate business with them, and their services.Anyone who has purchased a warranty through them has always received good service, and accurate informatin.And if you are a person who could not pass the verbal test to work here, sorry that is because we screen our employees carefully, and do not hire dumb people, thanks for your intrest in our company though, however mcdonalds is always hiring!!Better luck somewhere else.And as far as the numerous calls people claim to be receiving, those calls do not generate from us, it is an outside marketing company, so sorry but you are complaining once againabout the wrong guys!! thanks for the attention though!
Im
  24th of Jul, 2008
These people are more annoying than horseflies. Here is one phone number from which I was called: 207-762-7021. The google comes up with someone in Maine. I called the number back and it "is not in service at this time." That is a signature of a scammer. Same is true with 818-491-0989. I have asked to be taken off their list at least three times over the course of three months.
Br
  24th of Jul, 2008
They have called me a work at least six times and my cell phone twice and yes I have both pressed '2' to be taken off their calling list and talked to a representative, I just got called again. There has got to be some way to stop these people.
An
  24th of Jul, 2008
Yup, I got one of them calls too. Tried calling the # on an unlisted business line and I was told it was a wrong #. Someone please get rid of these annoying parasitic scam artists. Thank you.
  6th of Aug, 2008
I too continue to get these phone calls - time and time again. The last time I went along with it and tied up their staff for 20 mins pretending to show an interest in their warranty - at least until I got the name of the company, Warrantech. ol' Loretta was not too happy that I took her all the way to the point she thought she had a sell and I chewed on her for 5-10 mins about all these phone calls I keep getting and I already have warranty coverage. Additionally, the other representative - the one who gives his official approval said he had a "file" on me and my warranty, and I was in good standing to buy a warranty for my present car. He also claimed to be working with and representing the interests of dealerships. Wow, how could they actually have a file on me and not know I already had a warranty and that I had asked them several times to stop calling me? How can he represent a connection to any dealership? Well, afterwards I looked up their website and shot them a couple of emails - again to stop calling me. I don't know if it will do any good but I'll have to wait and see if I get anymore calls. These are deceptive trade practices - there are laws about this. There are also laws against unsolicited communications. If anybody wants to file a Class Action suit, please include me - my email is tomware@ymail.com
Auto solutions
car warranty service
888-282-3524
representative : Yoshie
Her direct extension: 4216

This is the telemarketer (the Company) that continues to make these phone calls. I found this off another posting and called the company. I didn't know Loretta's extension so I got the operator. She said Loretta was not working today, but " I talked to her earlier today, " I said. She replied, "Well, that does not mean she is here now"

Maybe I'll call Yoshie now, ha ha
  6th of Aug, 2008
LOL, you can go up and down their extension list starting at 4216 and talk directly to the employees of the company or leave voice mails. They don't particularly like being called at work - I think its unsettling to them - ha about the same way I feel when i get their calls
Vi
  8th of Aug, 2008
Don't be fooled, Christian Westbrook and Doug Butcher still operate on Treat Blvd in Concord, CA. The Pleasant Hill address is a rented postal box!!! Check it out for yourself...
Sorry to all of you that have been " had" by there guys...
Go
  13th of Aug, 2008
These jerks make fake auto listings on craigslist, if you are dumb enough to respond with your phone number you get put into their system and will never be removed. Im putting my number on donotcall.gov and if they continue I will file a claim with my local police dept for harrassment.
Jo
  30th of Aug, 2008
Thank You to all that have posted info on how to reach these people. I can't believe that somewhere a government agency is doing nothing about this. I am so sick and tired of these calls. I too am getting these calls several times a day, and they are rude when asking questions about them. I am going to make calls to my senator and congressman in order to see if i can get some relief from these scam artists.
I am now starting to make phone calls to them every time I get a call from them. I will call them 10 times to 1 for every call I get. If they were in Texas I would go to thier place of business and give them a piece of my mind in person.
Jo
  30th of Aug, 2008
Well guess what, I have found info on the net that tells me that the people that are in charge of this company are in Euless texas. I live about 20minutes from there. I am going there 1st thing after the holiday to get someone to take my number off thier list. If they dont then I will start looking for a lawyer that will start a class action lawsuit against them. I am also calling the state attorney general's office on Tuesday. I have had it with these calls!!!
Anyone that wants to be involved, Post your emails with me and I will keep you informed as to what transpires on my end.
Dm
  9th of Sep, 2008
I agree completely! This is a source of constant annoyance, and today I finally spoke to a human being just to ask what the company name was and to tell them to stop calling. I was HUNG UP ON IMMEDIATELY. I am completely in favor of some kind of class action suit, although I'm not sure exactly what damages we can legitimately sue for. Perhaps there is some kind of fraud statute or something.
Ma
  11th of Sep, 2008
Looks like I'm not the only one getting harassed by these hyenas. I get about 1 call a week from I don't even know who. Today when they called I thought "oh I'll ask what company this is." *click* That's when a little red flag went off in my head; legit businesses don't just hang up on you when you ask the name of the company.

Of course I've hit the number countless times 'to be removed' and never have been. A few times when they asked for year/make/model/milage I gave them some old year/make/model and high milage. Usually they were all nice and like "Oh I'm sorry you don't qualify for this. I'll remove you from our system." I thought that would do it but no; next week they just called again.

Next time they call I'm going to be taking notes. What the number on my caller ID is, who the person's name is, then social engineer them until I get a company name, and any other information I can get.

Oh... its on... >:|
Wt
  15th of Sep, 2008
2975 ste A-4 treat blvd

Concord, California

Christian Westbrook and Douglas Butcher are sub contrators for warrantech who hire a call center to take the rat for their telemarketing. They are genuine scam artists and will rip you off blind. The employee above who rebuttaled there I see is courtney and she's an ex-con so dont listen to her. Go to /link removed/ and typed in pacific guar warranty keyword, warrantech, or dealer services and you can read more.
Mi
  11th of Oct, 2008
I have been getting these calls for a long time, too, even though I have been on the "d0-not-call" registry for years. They left fake information on caller ID, but through this site and others, I was able to find out their real identity. I just filed a complaint with the FTC.
Br
  19th of Nov, 2008
I hve been getting these calls for weeks sometimes twice per day and I get them every day. I did follow through telling them that I had a 1995 Lincoln with 270, 000n kms on it (Canada car) of sourse he was going to speak to his area supervisor because they did not want to penalize me for taking such good care of my car...(wow these are really nice guys). Now I was born at night but not last night, who gives a warranty on a 14 year old car with 270, 000 on it... someone who will never pay out on anything. Well they still keep calling and when you become persistent or insistent they hang up. The problem is that there is really no repercussion to their actions and they know it. |they are accountable to no one and they will continue to do just what they are doing. Now if someone found out who the owner was and published his home address and information, given the loose gun laws in the US I am certain the problem would resolve itself.
Mi
  4th of Dec, 2008
This company is blended in with a bunch of similar companies that constantly violate the do not call list laws and these clowns are just like all the others. Preying on the weak. No one that works at this company is innocent.

From the call center rep who choses to initiate the fraud all the way to the company who doesn't honor the "warranties" the suckers buy.

This is a case that the government/law enforcement should be involved. Just do a google search and find everything you need to know there.
Cl
  12th of Feb, 2009
hey everybody, im tired of calls from theses people, lets file a class action lawsuit together against this nu or other nombers they use, 1 888 282 3524, lets put an end to these calls, my email is cbays2004@yahoo.com
Di
  24th of Feb, 2009
Want it to stop? This is what you do:

Call (800) 833-8801

It's an automated system that allows you to look-up employees based upon their last name. You will enter the key's corresponding to the name Gavino. (428466).

This should connect you to the Executive Vice President, Richard Gavino. Explain to him that you are receiving harassing phone calls and you wish for it to stop. He sounded shocked when I told him but i'm sure not as shocked if my lawyer were to give him a call instead or perhaps my state attorney general.

If you cannot reach Richard Gavino then try: Jeanine M. Folz, David May, or Laurence Tutt.

Don't let this business drive you crazy, put an end to it by harassing them back but make sure to do it at the top!

WarranTech Corporation Logo WarranTech Corporation