Walden University / Unethical Business Practices
I am a former employee for Walden and was recently let go by the company after seven years. I am pursuing legal action against Walden for various reasons. If you are a former or current student in the college of education, especially if you were a TEACH grant recipient or you feel you were misled about an education program, you should contact me.
If you are a prospective student, I would just strongly encourage you to do your research. Walden's programs are often not accepted for renewals, upgrades and salary increases, and Walden advisors likely will not inform you of these restrictions. Most programs are not aligned to state or national standards, which is why many states don't accept them. For example, they offer an MS in Teaching English Language Learners that was "developed to reflect professional guidelines set forth by TESOL" and yet the program will not lead to TESOL certification or an endorsement in ESL. And Walden develops programs like the EdD in College Teaching and Learning, which serves absolutely no purpose. You cannot teach at a college level unless you have a degree in a specific content area (like psychology, math, physics, etc). They have since terminated that program but an institution of higher education should understand this before developing such a program. Unfortunately, a lot of the people who run Walden do not have a background in education. They come from the corporate world.
I will simply conclude with an email statement from a current associate dean in the college of education. "And the point that people do not understand that some of these program are just BS [###] and need not exist." (July 15, 2014)
More Walden University Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Walden University - FRAUD 
- [Resolved] Walden University - cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on! 
- [Resolved] Walden University - STEALING MONEY 
- Walden University - Lack of honest advisement for PhD programs in Counseling Education and Supervision 
- Walden University - fraud in education 
- Walden University - I did not enroll for the fall. Walden enrolled me anyway.
- Walden University - Walden University
- Walden University - Master's in FPSY
- Walden University - Lack of help to progress--delayed finish
- Walden University - service educational courses to students