Walden University / Unethical Business Practices

Minneapolis, United States Review updated:

I am a former employee for Walden and was recently let go by the company after seven years. I am pursuing legal action against Walden for various reasons. If you are a former or current student in the college of education, especially if you were a TEACH grant recipient or you feel you were misled about an education program, you should contact me.
If you are a prospective student, I would just strongly encourage you to do your research. Walden's programs are often not accepted for renewals, upgrades and salary increases, and Walden advisors likely will not inform you of these restrictions. Most programs are not aligned to state or national standards, which is why many states don't accept them. For example, they offer an MS in Teaching English Language Learners that was "developed to reflect professional guidelines set forth by TESOL" and yet the program will not lead to TESOL certification or an endorsement in ESL. And Walden develops programs like the EdD in College Teaching and Learning, which serves absolutely no purpose. You cannot teach at a college level unless you have a degree in a specific content area (like psychology, math, physics, etc). They have since terminated that program but an institution of higher education should understand this before developing such a program. Unfortunately, a lot of the people who run Walden do not have a background in education. They come from the corporate world.
I will simply conclude with an email statement from a current associate dean in the college of education. "And the point that people do not understand that some of these program are just BS [###] and need not exist." (July 15, 2014)

Ju

indianapolis
    Indianapolis
    Indiana
    Phone: 64352154

i want to immigrate in united state of america to be an amarican citizen and to continue my studies because i studied english at university in my country guinea and because usa is an english country.i also want to improve my knowledge in usa.

• Wa
      Apr 18, 2013
    Walden University - Walden is a Fraud

One of the former faculty members told me they make extra money each quarter the longer they keep students so there is strong economic interest in keeping them.

• Me
      Jul 19, 2014

Would this person be willing to testify about taking money to delay students?

• Wa
      Apr 24, 2015

We consider it unfortunate for a former long-term employee to express views like this about our institution. If any reader has any concerns or questions about this post, or has his/her own concerns, we are available to respond to them directly one-to-one if you email us at [protected]@waldenu.edu.