WageWorks / Unfair Business Practices
Wageworks is a company designed to get extra money from the unsuspecting employee who is offered this service from their employer.
Some of their rules and business practices are not designed to benefit the consumer using the service, but to fill the coiffers of the wageworks company.
One rule they have is the "pay me back". You pay for the eligible service out-of-pocket; submit the reciept with the appropiate form; then the money is "paid back".
The first two steps are as they advertise, but the money is not sent to you, your atm/bank account or a check mailed to your home/office...the money is paid back to the wageworks account. How is this paying ME back. I was injured during work hours & was out of work for nearly 4 weeks. My orthopedist does not accept the wageworks card anymore "we don't get paid" was what the receptionist told me, so I had to use my personal bank atm card to pay for the visit. I had 2 visits. After 10 days I was glad to see that the money was...sent..to.. wageworks??
I really could have used that $90 "back" in my pocket - I was out of work, but the bills were not and neither was my daughter's hunger.
Another is that if you pay for the previous year's bills you need to fill out forms to send in. I, unknowlingly, used my card to pay the previous year's statement from the cardiologist in the doctor's office. I have had the same cardiologist for 4 years, paid for my co-pay with the same card at the same office, etc... but now they want to have a reciept for the transaction, paperwork filled etc...and my account is now suspended with ~ $750 remaining.
They advertise as rectify choices:
* pay the wageworks a check [in essence, pay twice for the bill]
* send in reciepts [if they don't like the reciepts they will ask you for something else]
* do nothing [I assume that means that you are ok with the charge, particularly if you have money left over in the account]
Since I have so much money left - they could take the money out again?!
I DON'T GET IT!
This seems like a lot of work for using your own money...I mean it's not like medicaid or medicare where the taxpayers are collectively paying for this...this is MY money, that I have allowed to be taken out of my paycheck every week to fund this thing...then you do not get a refund?!
What happens to all of those "leftover" monies that do not get refunded?
Wageworks is the biggest scam since the financial 'bailout' money paid to AIG!
What a waste!
I had already made my elections for next year, before I realized that this is really too much hassle for removing $40.00/week from my take home pay.
I can't afford to give away $160/month...but with wageworks, I feel like I am being robbed, literally for my money...
This is not fair and something needs to be done about it or ALL of us should speak to our HR departments to remove wageworks and let's see how long those "extra", non-refundable monies last them.
More WageWorks Complaints & Reviews
- WageWorks - Do not reimburse out of pocket expenses, card fails to work, customer service is useless 
- WageWorks - Bad service 
- WageWorks - Bad customer service 
- WageWorks - Customer service/claims denials 
- WageWorks - Absolutely Everything! 
- WageWorks - customer service
- WageWorks - card always declined, claims, denied customer service blames customer
- WageWorks - very stupid process and nobody is helpful
- WageWorks - suspending of my card
- WageWorks - fsa administration