Vonage / Bad business practice

I had vonage in 2006 for a short time before i was told that i had to deploy to iraq. I had called and canceled the service sent all the eqiupment back and sent them a copy of my orders showing i was leaveing. They never canceled it!! So while i was in iraq i got a chance to call to find out why. Vonage tells me to call back in 3 days to cancel that they cant process it then, I tell them it will be impossible because i was deployed not that easy to get to a phone. They said no problem we will take care of it. Funny 2 years later i am still getting billed with no help at all. They owe me $771.00 and refuse to pay it to me. They even show that i called to cancel and they still refuse to pay it to me. Then they tell me that they want me to send them billing statements for 2 years to they customer care service when they have proof that i have paid them. Really awsome how well they take care of people and screw the soldiers that defend this country so they can have a business. Guess I am just S.O.L thanks alot you ###!!

Va

Comments

• Pc
      20th of Nov, 2009

Hey don't feel bad they are screwing everyone does not matter who you are.. I am sure the only way something is going to happen is if they screw over a high politcian then maybe something might happen. The claim that they tell yoo about all of these charges if you cancel.. No they do not, and of course they say that they have sent you the documentation, which of course they have not but god willing they have a copy of it. Then of course never mind that even if they did send you the agreement by the time you get it and read it you have already started the service so they can already charge you the "disconnection" charge.. Vonage is a rip off!!