Vitalchek / bad service

So I called the hospital I was born at and asked them to get a copy of my birth certificate. First of all I need the certificate because I just got married and the state I live in will not let me change my drivers license or social security card or anything without the birth certificate.

Anyways, they tell me to go to this website and just fill out the identity verification stuff and then they would process the payment and be done with it.

Well, I put in all the information and it said my identity could not be verified. Here's the beginning of a 2 week nightmare with these people.

They have me fax in an enlarged lightened copy of my driver's license along with a signature (maiden name). A few days go by and I decide to call them and they say that the information is unacceptable because I signed it with my maiden name... Then the other problem is 'the signature does not look like a signature - it looks like a printed name'... um my bad for writing neatly? So after faxing the information with a different signature they deem it unacceptable because it doesn't look like the signature on my driver's license... well that was 5 years ago when I got this license!! So the lady tells me to fax a blank piece of paper with just a signature on it and after faxing AGAIN they tell me that it is unacceptable because there was no drivers license associated with the signature... and THEN they send me an email saying QUOTE: 'your account is currently on hold as we are needing you to confirm the mother's maiden name' and then when I called to give them the information, the lady argued with me saying that the email did not say that!!! REALLY???!?!?!? so then I call and speak with the manager and she tells me that she's looking at the account and EVERYTHING CHECKS OUT AND SHE CANT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE ACCOUNT..

Aa

Comments

• Jj
      Feb 06, 2009

You are much better off directly mailing your request for a birth, death or marriage record. They get you pay them a $12.95 processing fee on top of the fee you would pay the county. Then if you don't pay an optional $19.00 airmail fee they purposely delay your order. They will not provide a phone number or way to cancel your order. They hold your order hostage for longer than directly mailing the county would take.

I'm hoping their unethical business practices do not interfere with our upcoming trip.

Rip Off!

Lexis Nexis should be embarassed to own this company.

• La
      Feb 23, 2009

yeah, they suck. i should have done my research first...

• Do
      May 01, 2013

SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME THING I WENT THAT HAPPENED TO ME.CUSTOMER SERVICE TO ME TO COPY LICENSE FRONT AND BACK ENLARGE 200% AND LIGHTEN 1-2 TIMES THEN FAX. (fax no, 1) SHE FORGOT TO TELL ME I NEED TO SIGN ON THE COPY (fax no.2) OOPS FORGOT TO TELL ME THAT I NEED THE ORDER # ON COPY (fax#3) OOOPPS-AGAIN I AM NOT SUPPOSE TO SIGN ON COPY OF D.L (fax#4) ON A SHEET OF BLANK PAPER SIGN, AND DATE. O.K. NO REPLY YET IT'S NOT BEEN 24 hrs. YET BUT FAF MACHINE IS WAITING

• Jc
      May 08, 2017

@DONNA BUTTREY Its unfortunate that litigation is the only way to make entities like Vitachek respond.