[Resolved] Vitalchekfraud

I ordered several birth and death certificates via vitalchek with a credit card, with the understanding that and estimated processing time was 7 - 10 days. I had to pay extra for this service. I could have made a mail in request for the wait time of 6 - 8 weeks. I ordered on 9 / 8 / 09 and my card was charged promptly. My order had "been sent for processing on 9 / 9 / 09". A reltaive of mine also made a request the same day, hers was honored in a timely manner. On 10 / 12 / 09 with no certificates in sight, i called an 800 number from my email confirmation (Good luck finding contact info on the website) . I was told they could submit a request that would take an additional 3 - 5 days to get a response. I asked to speak to someone else. The next person told me that their was no way they could contact the state by phone and that i would have to wait the 3 - 5 days. She also told me that they were the customer service for the state but still could not make contact via telephone. Hmmmm. . . So i asked to speak to a supervisor. I told them we should resolve the issue today or get my money back. They told me they would look into it (After 30 mintues of trying to talk circles around me) . None of them seemed able to count the days on the calendar and were completely lost when it came to customer service. When i did finally get a return call, they informed that it is taking longer because it is a genealogy search. (Mind you the same kind of search my relative did) . When i informed them of this little hiccup, they went back to saying their only service is to send the request in, nothing more. They feel they went above and beyond with their service by simply answering the phone and refusing to give me a time frame. They were very quick to point out that 7 - 10 days is simply an estimate and is in no way a guarantee of any kind. I asked to speak to the supervisior of shakora who refused this request, stating simply that it is not possible. I asked for an address and was simply told we don't have a location. When i asked if she was floating in space she seemed offended. Each person i spoke with offered a new excuse as to why my order had not been filled. They were all very quick to note that their only service is to send the request. They refuse to refund the money and actually made me quite testy in the process. I firmly believe i have been scammed out of my money at this point and will until the matter is resovled. Shakora could not offer any dates as to when this matter might be resolved but simply asked that i trust her, when i have been lied to by this company at least 4 times, 3 of those today. I strongly recommend against using this company as they can not hold true to estimates thier own website. I also recommeded they change their "estimates" to a time frame more fitting.

• Resolution statement

• VitalChek Network Customer Care's Response, Jul 14, 2009

From VitalChek:

Customers who experience issues with faxing documents for approval can upload scans of their documents to ensure a clear and legible copy is received. Please visit our web site FAQ linked below for how to submit the scanned files.

• VitalChek Network Customer Care's Response, Nov 04, 2010

Dear VitalChek Customer,

Please contact me directly at [protected] Ext: 6879 to resolve the issues you have been experiencing with our website and the cancellation of your order. I can be reached between 8am to 3pm CST Mon-Fri.

David Butler
    VitalChek Network

Comments

• Ve
      Jul 13, 2009

I first contacted VitalChek on May 18th to get a copy of my birth certificate for an important state permit. It is now July 13th and I still do not have my document. Over the past TWO MONTHS I have faxed copies of my state driver's license several times but they keep emailing me back (many days later) telling me I need to resubmit ID verification. They suggested I enlarge the picture by 200% and darken it. I did that. I even tried several different shades of darkness and none of them worked.

Note, none of the six figure business deals I do by fax have EVER been kicked back to me. Why can't VitalChek get a fax machine that can print legible copies???

I've been unable to reach any customer service people and no one bothers to call the phone number I gave them to let me know what to do. This was supposed to be fast and easy. It's been none of the above. I'm very angry and frustrated with this company. I would advise anyone who needs vital documents to AVOID VitalChek, especially if it's urgent and important.

This company should be shut down immediately!

• Ordered a birth certificate from Overseas Vital Chek in early July 2009. On July 29 the official process started. I was told to allow 6-8 weeks. I tried to check the order online, but Vital Chek never gave me an order number. I emailed them, but they never responded. I called them 4 weeks past July 29. I was told I had plenty of time and had to wait 8 weeks.
    After 8 weeks I called. They did not have a tracking number for UPS so they did not know where it was. They gave me the number to the state department and another phone number to the state department. First number was a menu and when I connected to the correct extension the phone rang and no one ever picked up. Tried the second number and phone rang with no one answering.
    Called Vital Chek back, seems eight weeks is business days so I have 2 more weeks to wait. What can they do? NOTHING. Once it goes to the state dept. they have no control.
    Do yourself a favor and use the state department directly. Avoid giving this company anymore money.

• Ve
      Oct 22, 2009

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The quickly replied:

VitalChek Network has provided BBB with David Bulter's name and contact information as a means for consumers to obtain responses to their concerns. BBB suggests contacting David Butler via email at [protected]@Custhelp.com enter "David B" in the subject line and allowing him 48 business hours to respond before filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Should you not hear from David within the 48 hour window please contact us again and we will reopen your complaint.

I emailed that guy and got my documents a few days later.

Good luck!

• Cj
      Feb 25, 2010

Im sorry but they SUCKED OUTLOUD until I used *veryfrusratedInCt* advice in the post just before mine, and politely threatened to contact the B.B.B. again? ha ha I received an

• Je
      Feb 27, 2010

Do not deliver as promised. They have no customer support. I have yet to talk to a real person. They do not answer e-mail. Shame Shame

• Je
      Sep 29, 2010

I ordered Birth Certificates for my children and they said I should receive them within 3-5 days and it's been 10 and I can't get a response because every time you call they say they are experiencing high delays and your wait can be over 30 minutes. They also encourage you to call back at a later time. I have held on 3 different occassions for over 40 minutes and no one ever answers the phone. This is awful customer service and a total ripoff. I should have reviewed all of the complaints about them online before ordering from them.

• Tx
      Nov 03, 2010

I was looking for my deceased fathers birth certificate. I was lead through a maze with Vitalchek. They took my creditcard information first, then put a disclaimer that if they were unsuccessful that a charge would be placed on my card regardless. I DID NOT AGREE TO THOSE TERMS and opted out using the DISAGREE (with terms) button. It wouldnt let me off the screen so I closed my browser. THey have placed a charge against my account and even after contacting them through email, they insist that I owe them money. I have received emails saying that I need to provide more information, which they will not get. I OPTED OUT.

• Wh
      Dec 16, 2010

I tried to obtain a death certificate for my father, and had the same results: multiple uploads of my ID, none of which were acceptable to them. Then, they didn't like my official sealed birth certificate from the State of Missouri. Next, it was that my signature wasn't identical in every way to my ID signature. I'm usually a very reasonable person, but I am chronically ill, in mourning, and forced to deal with tons more crap than I should have to because these incompetents can't seem to get it together. This drove me to the end of my patience, and I ended up being rather strident with the neighboring state's Dept. of Vital Records. I talked to their Vitalchek rep., who wanted me to jump through all the same hoops again because she can't access the files directly. I insisted on a FULL refund, and will be checking my credit card tonight to make sure I got one. The service is the worst imaginable, and these [censor]s will make your life far more difficult than it has to be. Don't use them if you have any other recourse.

• Bi
      Feb 09, 2011

On March 9, 2009 i ordered my birth certificate, yes through VitalChek!! $43.00 I paid them, with my husbands credit card. I am a stay at home mom with no pay!! My husband would and has only allowed this one time use of his credit card/bank card!! I had just begun my compter/internet experience. Having three days under my belt, i was taught a very important/expensive lesson!! THANK YOU VitalChek!! The California vital records office finally called me about two months later. Just being helpful they explained to me that the money i paid would not be buying my birth cert.! Like a child I asked, "WHY!" Because i had went through VitalCheks site, that was basically their fee, and it would not be paying for my birth cert.!!! Now, more money would be needed to pay the "REAL" vital records!! THANK you Ca. for that courtesy call!!! Here we are February 8, 2011 still have no birth cert. Can't really understand how these people havn't been shut down!!! Can anybody HELP, still can't use the credit card on line or w/out my husband right next to me like a child, and I'am 36yrs old!!! Well you really taught me!!!

• Am
      Mar 11, 2011

I uploaded the document, 200%, lightened for legibility; now, a week letter I have received the e-mail saying they have not received proper identification, and that they retain the right to keep my money. I don't appreciate a threat that suggests they will keep my $70ish dollars for 5 birth cert due to a system failure on their part. Looks like I need to fax it, but reading former complaints from others, I'm expecting that my transmission method won't change the outcome. But here goes nothing... I'm very disappointed. I thought that by paying this extra service fee and high shipping costs, excellent service would be delivered. To be continued...

• Cj
      Mar 15, 2011

email couple hours later saying everthing is complete with my order and its on its way. Please understand I have been faxing and uploading the same document over and over, on hold, emailing fuming and crying for weeks getting the same email sent to me over and over with no news except upload or fax again from a bot. I have received my doc and I WOULDNT RECCOMEND vitalchek. Im lucky to have found this site or I would still be waiting. Thank you *veryfrustratedInCt* great advice. Its worth a try, and worked for me and all I did was bluff.

• Es
      Aug 03, 2011

i am estrella mcintosh wish is estrella quiles martinez on my birth certificate ive been trying nto call but im on hold for a long time for the past trhee days and after 300pm i cant be on the phone cause i work at a hosipal and cnt be talking on the phone they said that there is a matter regarding my vital record order and the recording is telling me to try later in the afternoon wich i cant is there any other way that i can fix this matter please i need my birth certificate plus i gave then my credit card number already what ever you can come up with please email me thank you estrellamcintosh [protected]@comcast.net

• Ct
      Mar 22, 2012

I wish I had read this before I engaged them. My complaint to the Nashville BBB is almost a carbon copy..