VIP Travel / Scam!

1 602 East Main StreetLexington, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-241-0658

We attended the VIP Travel presentation in Columbia, Maryland on 3/24/08. We were promised two free airline tickets if we attended the presentation. The first thing they wanted was a photo ID and then asked for a credit card. I wasn't about to show them a credit card and they told me I couldn't attend the presentation. They then said that they just needed to see that the name on credit card was the same as mn other form of ID. I didn't have a problem with that as long as they didn't take my card number.

I attended the presentation and it was pleasant, the girl was very nice. But when I asked if we didn't want to sign up today what did we need to do and was ignored and wasn't given a answer. We then got a high pressure buy now pitch, which we declined, and didn't get any info on how to sign up later. We then got our free ticket voucher to mail out. It states that it will take a month, due to high volume, and then an additional two weeks to get dates. I then looked up the company on the website 'https://www.complaintsboard.com'; and saw that this company has been scamming people all over the country under different scams from vacations to timeshares.

What I don't understand is how these people haven't been arrested and nothing is being done. We were lucky not to have given any money, but others aren't as fortunate. I cant say for a moment I wasn't tempted and could have signed up.

Va

Comments

Ri
  4th of Jun, 2008

We purchase a membership Sept. 17, 2007. Have tried to use our membership without success. Finally after months of trying, filed a complaint with Department of Consumer Advocate South Carolina, a TV station in SC, and several internet complaint boards. Here is part of their response to all three areas:They said:

'they had explained, and stated at the seminar where we bought the membership, and in their membership pack, any request for accommodation outside their 'major areas of concentration', was not promised their service.

Well, I am printing, directly from their membership packet:

'The VIP Travel Plan is unique in the fact that 'each' time you travel you will enjoy substantial savings. Whether you enjoy luxurious condos, cruising, all-inclusive reports, 3, 4, and 5 Star hotels, discounts on theme park tickets, restaurants, golf or RV rental, we can accommodate 'all' of your travel needs while saving you and your family money.'

(1) That's what we were told at the seminar, when we bought the membership;
(2) that is what is published in their membership pack.

It appears they do not abide by their own membership publications. I have not attaacked them anywhere. I have, however, stated fact, after fact, after fact.

Please review here and other internet complaint boards, do a search on
'VIP Travel' and you can decide for yourself if you wish to do business with them.

Also, VIP Travel was sued by South Carolina Department of Consumer Advocate in April 2008. Must say something about VIP Travel.