Vinchecked.com / Officialvin.comvehicle background check

Had someone call from [protected], when I answered they hung up and then the texts started from same number. He wanted me to run my VIN through website he provided (officialvinreport.com) which sent me to Vinchecked.com, and send the report to his girlfriends email [protected]@yahoo.com. His texts were very excited to buy the truck, even would pay cash, full asking price if VIN came back clean. I entered VIN and then it wanted Credit card info for $18 charge. So I researched the reviews and discovered it's a scam. Just let you know it's still happening as of 1-29-18.

Wi
Jan 29, 2018

More Vinchecked.com / Officialvin.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ji
      Apr 02, 2018

Just happened to me also. The scam came from [protected]

• Sv
      Apr 16, 2018

Just happened to me, texted me from 2 different Texas area codes, to use vinprecisioncheck.com, but redirects to https://official.vin/ The 2 phone numbers were [protected] and [protected], the email address to send report is [protected]@yahoo.com

Apr 19, 2018

Just happened to me from my posting about a car as well. Texas area code, but call disconnected when I answered, I called back but got a woman's voice but no name. The scammer texted me sending me to website acuratevin.com which redirected as well to official.vin. The email was then [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Mi
      Apr 27, 2018

Same, how did you fight them?

• Ve
      May 11, 2018

Just happened to me as well. Got call. Tried to call back, does not even ring. Guy texts back saying this is not a good time to talk but asks for the car and wants to see the history from vinelitecheck.com, which then redirects you to official.vin

• Jg
      May 15, 2018

Just happened to me. Thanks for the reviews and heads up!

May 17, 2018

I got a response from that number on craigslist for my car. Appreciate the information.

[protected]@yahoo.com

706.661.5287

May 18, 2018

Got a contact from - [protected]@gmail.com - who wants me to use - SmartVinCheck.com

( Even though my ad indicated I have a CARFAX history )

May 18, 2018

[protected]@yahoo.com - 706.661.5287

Wanted me to use - thesupremevin.com

• Ka
      May 29, 2018

I just received a phonew call and text asking me to go to a vin checking site that redirected me to officialvin.com where my phone was bombarded with popups..thank god for popup blockers. The number that he called and text from was [protected] and email was [protected]@yahoo.com thanx for the warnings *kandi missouri*

Jun 30, 2018

Yep just got one from craigslist

"The best place to get one from is: lookupmyvin.org send it to me at [protected]@yahoo.com if you can!"

Keep a look out

Jun 30, 2018

@Mattt1625 He also used the line " hey I am at a church function right now"

So sad.

• Do

6/30/18
    Scam still going, got a called asked if vehicle available. Hung up, immediately. Then started texting, sais he had poor service. Wanted me to him vehicle report.
    Heres one of texts:
    The best place to get one from is: lookupmyvin.net send it to me at [protected]@yahoo.com if you can!
    [protected]

Doesnt look reputable with what Im reading here. Told him id reimburse him when he comes to look at car, but Im not entering my info.

Be careful!!

• Al
      Aug 04, 2018

August 2018 got 2 calls 25 minutes apart from Pennsylvania [protected] that I didn’t answer (I’m in CA), got texts 25 minutes after that saying they couldn’t talk because of bad reception and could we converse via text. Wanted me to email a report from http://vinnchecksafe.com to her at mailto:[protected]@yahoo.com. Had a funny feeling about it and decided to do a scam search, glad I did before spending 18.95. Thought it a good idea to get a report so I paid 6.95 at https://www.vincheckpro.com and will add it to my Craigslist ad.

• Tk
      Aug 26, 2018

Just happened to me. Started with a missed call then the text. I’m always super cautious about things like this. I never really did the report cause the website looked fishy. It was just made in 2018 was sign #1

• Ra
      Oct 31, 2018

Got this same response today, 10/31/2018, from [protected]. [protected]@yahoo.com wanting me to get a report from docbeepbeepreporting.com. Similar sketchy dialog, "i was originally from Erie but recently moved about 30 minutes outside of [your town]" and "ive been looking at the 2004 toyota for a long time". Too general, Not enough specifics, and always forgot to give me a name. I may see if I can just toy with them for a while.

• Kb
      Dec 23, 2018

I just got a call from [protected], which I ignored. Then I started getting bombarded with texts wanting me to prove I had a clean title for a 2008 Audi, which I don't even own. He sent me to http://iautovalidate.com, which redirected me to https://www2.americanautovalidiation.com . He wanted me to email the proof of a clean title to [protected]@yahoo.com . When I told him I wanted a straight answer to where he got my number linked to that car he wouldn't answer me. He just kept insisting I go to that site. Once I threatened to report him to the police the text instantly stopped.