Villa del Palmar / Villa del palmar timeshare fraud

United States Review updated:

My husband and I purchased a timeshare at Villa del Palmar and it had been a nightmare. The reason we made the purchase was for the promised return of 125-200% of the property rentals. We paid an advertising fee of almost $800 but the ad agency never rented our unit. They then told us if we pay the $2500 more dollars they would advertise our unit more to possibly get it rented. This whole this was a scam and we wanted to explore options to get out of this and all the thousands of dollars we had paid up to this point. I had been unemployed on and of over the last 2 years and this had been devastating to our personal finances. we tried to cancel the membership through the resort but they only avoided us, tired of so many lies, we decided to cancel by ourself, it was hard but not impossible. we found a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that helped us to cancel our membership without up fronts fees. We were skeptical at the beginning but for fortunately we had a happy ending. Beware!!! timeshare is NOT an investment it's just a WASTE of money.

Be
Nov 15, 2016

Comments

• Jd
      Dec 11, 2016

I urge anyone who sees this that has been scammed by a timeshare, no matter how long ago, to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and their local Attorney Generals Office. If we can get a flood of complaints filed, the government will have to look into the deceit, lies and fraudulent practices that timeshare companies like Villa Del Palmar and Resortcom use to lure in and defraud people. It only takes a few minutes each. I have read thousands of online complaints, all saying pretty much the same thing. If we all take action someone will take notice!