Villa del Palmar / Terrible everything

United States Review updated:

We had the same experience as Kelly and Jeff Shafer with Villa de Palmar, Puerta Vallarta. The told us the same lies about selling our other timeshare and sold us a "studio, odd yrs" for $13, 000. We paid $3000 down on Sept 29th and the rest was supposed to be in no interest monthly payments. We got a bill for the full $10, 000 balance and I cannot seem to get a hold of anyone by email or phone. Gary Dudley sold us the product, but we also talked to the manager, Jimmy Munoz as did the Shafers. Do we have any recourse? I also fell that it was a scam and will now contact an attorney.
Va

Comments

Tr
  28th of Aug, 2009
WoW !!
I guess my daughter got a great deal at the Villa Del Palmar (although she really got taken to the cleaners at Playa del Sol and hasn't been able to get even 1 day of use in 6 years of trying... they are always "full", but have lots of units for rent to the public on their website!)

I have used many of her weeks at Villa Del Palmar, and she has used it a few times. Her friends also bought units there. We call in September and reserve Christmas week of one year, and New Year's week of the next year. 2 weeks---- one airfare! It has worked out great. I have done it that way every time.

She hasn't been able to use it herself the last few years, and we tried to sell it for $10, 000 last year (just listed it one time, but didn't sell)... so I get to use it again this year!

She bought a studio (I like how big a studio is at VDP as compared to the new resorts I've seen). She got 1 week per year... ANY WEEK SHE WOULD LIKE !!! And, it is guaranteed that she will get it !!! I guess what she bought is a premium kind of week? She can go at even the busiest of times. You have to put in the reservation at the beginning of each season... I think it is Sept 15 or Oct 1 for the winter season. AFTER the deadline passes and you give up your week and don't bank it, they can rent them to the public I think. Two years ago they were getting over $200 a night for Christmas week, and ran out of rooms. I don't know what they get now per night. I was at the desk, and a man offered them $400 if they could find him a room Christmas Eve... but they had none. All good hotels fill up during the holidays in Puerto Vallarta, so THIS condo unit has turned out well for my daughter (unlike Playa del SOL) !!!

Je
  21st of Mar, 2010
I would like to direct any readers of this posting to go to a website I just published www.universalvacationclubmembers.com and read to your heart's content. It is addressing many issues and concerns with the Villa Group (Developer) and the UVC. If you are a UVC Member and would like to add your name to my UVC Member mailing list, please contact me via the “Contact Us” page on the site or send an email to jeffsuomi1@msn.com. Jeff Robbins.
Cl
  28th of Jun, 2011
I was also sold this wonderful timeshare and everything seems to work out the best for me and everything, my only thing going wrong here is that they were all false promise, since they are telling you one thing and the contract say a WHOLE different thing, i was upset to found out about the lies. I of course try to contact the resort to try to cancel but i was already outside my 5 days business period that you have to rescind your contract, I did try PROFECO but they just keep saying no.. i did my research over the internet and found Mexican timeshare solutions, i called them and got my free consultation and everything, few months later they told me they have cancel my contract, Im very happy with their work and I SOOO recommend you to give them a call. look them up.

Villa del Palmar Cancun Luxury Beach Resort & Spa Logo Villa del Palmar Cancun Luxury Beach Resort & Spa
Customer Care Service
Overall Satisfaction Rating

17 Reviews
Carretera a Punta Sam Km. 5.2 Mza 9 Lote 3 SM-2, Zona Continental de Isla Mujeres
Cancun