Vauxhall Motors / refund / compensation

Sunderland, England, Northumbria, United Kingdom Review updated:

This letter was sent to Mr S Norman and Justin Woodcraft. However it was returned in the post. We had previously been dealing with MR Woodcraft regarding this issue however as you can see the issue was not fully resolved.
REF [protected]

We have collected my Astra SV16YTZ from Bristol Street Motors (BSM) Sunderland, we had an ongoing complaint with a misfire on the engine and brake failure. After nearly 2 months Vauxhall eventually instructed BSM to have the engine repaired under warranty yet I still had to pay for the brake vacuum pump. As this is a non-serviceable part it should be covered by Vauxhall warranty.
As previously discussed Mr Todd from BSM said the car brakes failed due to oil contamination however the car had received a full service approximately 1000 miles previous and the only way it could get contaminated was by the misfire of the engine as agreed by Vauxhall by replacing the engine. This vacuum pump has failed and its down to the manufacture of the vacuum pump not the customer. If the vacuum pump is failing at 28000 miles how is going to work when the car has 128000 miles and no oil in the engine. (I have had many part ex cars come in with no oil in the engine.)
BSM has had my Astra for nearly 2 months, a car I was unable to sell. I feel that the customer care I received from BSM was very poor. Mr Todd at one point asked me when I was going to take my car away. Also on collection the car was dirty and had oil marks on the body work.
Therefore, I would like to be compensated for the stress and poor customer care as well as the part I had to pay for.

Vacuum pump £333

Compensation £1000 (This compensation should be charged to BSM for bad customer care)

Total £1333

Please have this paid into my account
HSBC

Managing Director
City Leasing limited

Ci
Nov 15, 2018

Comments

• Wa
      Jun 15, 2019

I had a vauxhall Astra Elite 1.3 Diesel Turbo Estate, It had 2000 miles on the clock, i complained about a knocking noise at the front end, only the in slow moving traffic. Mr Justin Woodcraft arranged for a Engineer to drive this car, after driving it he agreed with me there was a noise at the front end but also informed me it was nothing to worry about.
    I informed Mr Justin Woodcraft is all Vauxhall Astras had this noise Vauxhall Motors would have a problem selling them, his answer to me was, it was a characteristic noise to my car, my argument was, it wasn't there when i first purchased it, and if it was, i would never have purchased it.
    the Management at Looker Vauxhall Ellesmere Port agreed it was annoying to have this noise on a new car but they were not prepared to investigate it because of the cost involved.
    I was left with a problem, Mr Woodcraft was not prepared to spend any money on labour and Lookers were not to help in any way to solve the problem.
    After buying Vauxhall Cars since the 1960s this total lack of interest from Looker Ellesmere Port and Vauxhall Motors Luton has severely dented my confidence in the Vauxhall Products, in fact i have sold the car with just 4000 miles on the clock, and i have vowed never to enter any Lookers Vauxhall show rooms again, I am now an owner of a Audi, the service i have received from Audi Warrington has been excellent, i was assured if i had ANY questions after taking delivery to contact them immediately. it was a relief to get rid of the Astra and get rid of driving a car that became annoying and a distraction when driving it.