Vatterott College Des Moines, IA / Accreditation and poor education quality

Phone: 515-441-0829

I am a graduate of Vatterott College Des Moines, Iowa. I went through the Mdical Office Assistant program and moved on to the Medical Assisting Program. I have been out of school for over two years and have yet to find anyone that will transfer my credits so I can further my education in the medical field. I was also very upset about the fact that the other colleges I have been talking to asked me about classes I had taken, and since Vatterott College does not offer elective class like English, Math, Science and a History class of some kind I will have to take CLEP tests to test out of these classes, which are expensive, or take them all over again. I will have to take all my medical assisting classes over again anyway because the credits are non-transferable to anywhere except Vatterott College and I can't go any farther than what I had already done.

I am just frustrated with them. I was younger and just wanted to go to a College. They didn't inform me of the accreditation of their schools, or the fact that I cannot go anywhere else with the knowledge I obtained there. The teachers were great, but the curriculum was vague and not specific enough to really work and actually know what I was doing.

I now have to pay back over 20, ooo dollars in student loans for a degree that is not worth the paper it was printed on. I am now having to start over with my education and that was the last thing I wanted to do. I now know that ACCSCT Accreditation is not good enough, I have done many months worth of research to find that anything that is not accredited by the High Learning Commission is good enough.

I hope that this will help people open their eyes in the future about "strip mall" colleges.

Amanda Estrada.

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2009

Hey Vatterott's day will come . I have no idea how they can do this.
    they have figured out how to make money from young kids who dont kknow any better I myself am a victim of vatterott of tulsa I am now filing bankrupticies they have called me and asked me to come back telling me sorry I was there during a transition my money did not transition. Erio If you read this I havent Gave up yet you will know me very welll by the time this is over.

Josh Emerson Sallisaw Oklahoma

• La
      17th of Feb, 2011

Amanda,

I too have been dealing with this. I graduated in May of 2004 with an AOS in computer systems and network technology. we had one teacher that was to teach web design and she had not a clue.. her idea of doing web design was read chapters 5-10 - FOR 4.5 HOURS.. really... I was told as many of my classmates were as well that most of your credits should transfer. I am now ready to go back to school to get my bachelors degree. I had aquired 108 credits and the school will transfer 16 and i think its only because they felt sorry for me. I have contacted the Director at the Des Moines campus regarding this and i am not good enough for her to reply to so i went through the corporate office. The guy that i spoke to was not happy with me. I asked for a list of all the schools with in a 60MI radius that Vatterott has contracts with and i was told that they dont have any. THIS IS FRAUD MY FELLOW VATTEROTT FRIENDS. I suggested that they make an effort to obtain contracts with schools around the DSM campus and he stated and i quote "do you know how much work that would be" yes i kid you not that is what he said. So i said... oh i didnt realize that all Vatterott Employees were lazy.. I thought it was just the campus i went to .. well that about sums it up... Except i am contacting the BBB and the Attorney Generals office. If i can get enough people to help me out i would like to start a lawsuit against them for fraud. 25, 000 student loan for a school that i am embarrassed to tell people that i went to... THIS SUCKS...

Laura Randall - Marshalltown Iowa(Des Moines Campus)

• Ca
      16th of Jul, 2011

Has anyone started a class action lawsuit against them?

18th of Jun, 2014

I am a 2013 graduate of medical assisting with limited rad. I passed state boards for certification, I went into Des Moines college today to get help from career services on specific issues. Nicole is no longer employed as career services, who in the past was always helpful and got me through some obsticle's. A Lindsey is now career service who is rude, lazy, couldn't figure out what her job title means. I have never had a single problem for the three years I attended there until today. Before I even arrived she was trying to cancel my appointment. She had no intention helping me. I will never seek advice from that school ever again and advice future want a be students not to apply with any Vatterott. She gave them a black eye. Thanks Marge June 18, 2014