Vatterott College / Accounting department refused to give me an itemized bill

1 8580 EVANS AVENUE BERKELEY, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3142641000

I attended this school from august 2, 2010 until august 16, 2010 and i submitted my letter on resignation on august 17, 2010 about 1:00pm. I was advised at that time that i should call the school back around the end of august to find out if i owe the school any money. I called the school at the end of august and i was told by a very rude person in accounting that my financial aid money was sent back to the lender and i owe the school $664. 59 and that i would receive and itemized bill in the mail. I waited and waited but never received a anything in the mail regarding this money that i was told that i owed the school. I called the lender continuously and they said no refund was received from the school, so finally i called the accounting department again and left messages about the end of october and never received a call back. I called the finance department and spoke to a gentleman by the name of mike groos on november 4th 2010 and he sent me a copy of my ledger card which i didn't understand. The next week i received a letter from diane walton in the accounting department dated nov10, 2010 at the north park
Campus request payment of the $664. 59. Next i called the lender again and now it shows that the funds have been returned. I received another letter from diane walton dated nov 19, 2010 stating my account will soon be referred to collections and mark for "final inspection" and please be advised that this is my 2nd appeal for you to remit the outstanding balance or call me to discuss a payment plan. I called diane walton on nov 29, 2010 and requested an itemized bill and she said they don't send out itemized bills. She then stated i can tell you what you owe. She told me that i owe $587. 00 for my books and the rest is for partial tuition and uniform fees. I requested to speak with somone else and she put her supervisor on the phone and her name is nancy brown i asked again for an itemized bill and ms brown told me she just told you we don't provide that and you owe $664. 59 for books, partial tuition and uniform fees. I asked her why am i paying for uniforms i have never seen or worn and she said because the school had to pay for them. I asked her were are the uniforms and she said at the school. I asked why can't they recycle the uniforms and she said no one can use these uniforms because they have my name on them, so they are just sitting at the school. I asked why am i paying $587. 00 for 2 books and a 2gb flash drive that only cost a total of about 100. 00 and she said well you had the option of purchasing your books elsewhere but since you didn't you have to pay what the school charges. I told her the books have never been used and neither has the flash drive and she had no response. I asked ms brown if there is a corporate office or someone over her that i can speak to and she said no. I told her that i will find someone else to help me and she said well do whatever you have to do.

Comments

• He
      1st of Dec, 2010

Typical Vatterott!!! I'm enrolled now :( such a rip off!!
    I have to finish this last phase just to feel like $20, 000 loan wasn't for nothing! But it really was. I don't get an externship, I haven't learned how to draw blood, and If I want these things?
    Well I need to take out another $10, 000 loan and stay an extra 30 weeks to recieve my Associates.

• La
      5th of Apr, 2015

I've asked for my records of financial aid disbursed and itemized bill for the time I've attended in 2009-2011. The FA lady took over 2 weeks to respond to my email and gave me the wrong fax number to fax my signed request form. Emailed her over a week ago and still waiting to hear back. She told me they couldn't release my records to me personally but could to a lawyer or needed to come up and could review them myself but not obtain copies to do the math because they over charged me, lost one of my signed financial aid forms (I have the taped conversation when Marcy in FA told me about losing it), and lied about how much they needed in loans for me to attend. I'm considering litigation with a couple of other former Omaha students.