VarTec Telecom / Don't use

Do not use Vartec phone service for your long distance calls unless you want to be ripped off.

I sent two faxes which was .30 each, a total of .60

When I received my phone bill the charge to Vartec was $8.82. They had the following charges.

1. Fax 3.0 min .030

Needless to say I am no longer with Vartec

Va

Comments

11th of Nov, 2008

I have been making international calls with Vartec for at least 10 years. There never was any proplem for as long as it was Vartec. After Vartec was bought by Excell there have been problems galore. A international call to 22 countries in Western Europe is suppost to be $0.03 per minute.Suddenly they carged me $0.21 per minute. They claimed that I call a cell phone. I kept on using their service for far to long and have been overcharged by well over $ 400.00. customer service is extremly poor. The people who answer have no authority and tell you to send a fax to Irving Texas. I have done so 4 times and never received an answer. To settle my overcharged account I quit using Vartec.It went on for at least one year before I was able to get hold of a person at customer relations . For international calls check out 1010228.com and 1010229.com . I can call Western Europe and Australia for $ 0.019 per minute . With 1010229 it cost $ 0.05 per minute. Check it out and do not use Vartec Telecom, Excell and what other names they hide under.

Fred in Downey Ca