Valuemax / Fraudulent charges

1 Norwalk, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-205-2257

I recently noticed charges on my credit card of $19.99 from Valuemax. At first I thought the charges were from my credit monitoring services, then I looked Valuemax up on the internet and found this site with the laundry list of complaints. Based on what the complaints say, I guess they got my information via the Intellius website where I purchased a couple of background reports. I am very dilligent to not sign up for unwanted services/e-mails etc. because I am well aware that websites do the old "bait and switch" routine, but I have no idea how they managed to get my information. I disputed the charges through my credit card and have sent them correspondence demanding a full refund for all my charges. I am waiting to hear back from them.
I have also contaced Girard and Gibbs LLP to offer my assistance in a class action law suit against Valuemax, I insist you do the same.

Comments

• De
      15th of Oct, 2008
    Valuemax - Unauthorized money taken from bank account
    Valuemax

This company ValueMax has taken 19.95 out of my checking for a service I did not ask for. I talked to a gentleman and he closed this account and said my money would be refunded in 2 business days. I have to wait and see if this happens. This is scary in this day and age with identy theft.

15th of Dec, 2008
    Valuemax - unauthorize use of credit card
    3280 maezel lane
    Carlsbad
    California
    Phone: 6192617648

I was shocked to see that valuemax charge 19.95 on my mastercard for three months. These were unauthorized charges. How do I get my money back. this is fraud!

30th of Dec, 2008
    Valuemax - Charged my account un authorized charges
    ValueMax
    Appleton
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 920-850-4400

For viewing there web site, they got my check card info and charged my account an unauthorized charge of 19.95. I will file another consumer complaint with Wisconsin, on how they got this info???????

• Je
      10th of Jan, 2009
    Valuemax - UNAUTHORIZED WITHDRAWL FROM ACCOUNT
    VALUEMAX
    Oregon

This company ValueMax has taken $19.95 out of my checking for a service I did not ask for. No one answered my calls after I called the number, listed next to the charge on my statement. This is scary in this day and age with identy theft. Are n't ther laws anymore against this type of theft?

27th of Jan, 2009

I am getting a monthly charge of $19.95 from them too. This is crazy. I've never heard of the company, but from what I've read on-line, when I authorized a one time charge from Intellus, this was also authorized. I know I did not authorize this, but Valuemax is claiming to others that it was authorized.

4th of Feb, 2009

Unauthorized charge to my account. I had no idea what this was when I looked at my Bank statement, I have since filed a complaint with my bank. I called 1-888-205-2257 and reached a VERY bored operator. She said the amount would be refunded to my account within 2 days. I told her I have filed a dispute of charge with my bank. If I did not see the refund in my account THEY would be hearing from my bank AND attorney.

Come to find out this is a scam! It is automatically added to the bill of another purchase I made on line.

• Ed
      9th of Feb, 2009
    Valuemax - charges to my visa card
    Phone: 1-888-205-2257

iam requesting a full refund of all and any charges
    made to my visacredit card, please respond ar
    eduardovallejo@comcast.net

• Mi
      15th of Feb, 2009

This just happened to us, two charges for 19.95 plus an over limit fee. We had never heard of Valuemax until this happened. We are trying to get the credit card company to remove the charges.

• Va
      1st of Mar, 2009
    Valuemax - charge money to my crediet card
    Connecticut
    Phone: 1888-205-2257

valuemax charge my credit card without my authorized and made my account to go over can you help so that i can get my mother back thank you from mary byrd

10th of Apr, 2009
    Valuemax - unauthorized charge
    Virginia

I too have had an unauthorized charge for $19.95 from Valuemax. I called my bank and they will dispute and refund my money. I have only used my credit card online for 1 purchase that was made thru Intelius. I wonder if they have something to do with this. Atleast its getting taken care of now. Thanks Connexx Credit Union.

• Da
      14th of Apr, 2009
    Valuemax - Fraudulent Charge
    Rhode Island

This company charged my account 19.95 also on 4/13/2009. They are really stupid because they have a phone number listed on the charge. I called the phone number an they want you to enter your credit card number that was recently billed! Beware this is true scam! My bank fraud department has investigated.

• Vl
      25th of Apr, 2009

I was unauthorized charged by VALUE MAX in the amount $19.95 on 4/17/2009.

• Ac
      1st of May, 2009

UPDATE: I sent them an e-mail on the 28th requesting a full refund and they had the nerve to charge my CC on the 29th. Needless to say all the charges are in dispute on my CC. I called today 5/1 and demanded a full refund. I told them that I did not authorize them to charge my card, I did not use their service and I will hear from my attorney. They said I will have my full refund in 2 days.

• Di
      19th of May, 2009
    Valuemax - Site will not let me cancel
    New York
    freespiritgirl1953@yahoo.com

The ad stated if you want you may cancel anytime but there is no place for the cancelation process to even begin. Need help please, any help considered

• Ol
      27th of May, 2009

NO NO NO. DO NOT use your check (debit) card online. That's a strict no no as whomever has your account infomation can easily clean out your bank account and there's nothing you can do about it. Use a credit card OR open a Pay Pal debit card account and push funds into it and use it instead. You have been warned.

1st of Jun, 2009
    Valuemax - unauthorized checking account charges
    Albany
    Oregon

Valuemax has charged our checking account at Chase Bank at least twice at a rate of $19.95 for unknown services.

• Fa
      1st of Jun, 2009

The above named company has been taking money out of my checking account without my permission or knowledge.

• Rs
      5th of Jun, 2009
    Valuemax - Unauthorized Credit Card Debit
    Connecticut

My Citibank VISA creedit card was debited in in May 2009 in the amount of $19.95 by Valuemax. Seems they and Intelius are working this SCAM together.

• Ed
      21st of Jun, 2009
    Valuemax - Not approved Credit card charges
    Intelius
    Utah

Approved .49 charge for trial Intelius.com and was charged twice in same month for subscription amount of $19.95 for a total without .49 $39.90.

• So
      9th of Sep, 2009

I have received a charge on my debit card for $74.85. When I called the bank, they gave me the phone number to call the company. The company stated that they advertise on a lot of different websites. My charge was linked through Intelius. A ValueMax Supervisor stated that they would refund my money in 3-5 days. The reason for the amount of the charge was that they have been trying to charge my card since June. So Angry