Usave Car Rental` / Scam and cheating!

1 3255 MCCOY ROAD, Fl. 32812Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407 888 3063

I am very disappointed about USAVE CAR RENTALS. The Corolla we rented at USAVE had flat tire on the high way. The Agency requires us to take full responsibility for the tire. They said that we either have to pay for them to repair the tire or we have to replace a brand new tire for the car. We call the customer service to complaint and they told exactly the same way as the representative at the Agency in Orlando, and the representative at the customer service abruptly hang up the phone while I was talking. What happened if a car accident happened because of that flat tire on high way. This is very bad experience to me. So be careful when renting a car and make sure to read their policy before renting it. I am very disappointed about the quality of the service at USAVE Car Rentals.

Comments

21st of Jun, 2008

I hate to break it to you - but this is the policy of almost EVERY major rental company in the US.

• Ya
      22nd of Jul, 2010

USave is a lousy rental company. I made a reservation online and was givin a price of $160.00 for 5 days at
    Myrtle Beach. They wanted one hundred dollars down and that had to come off your credit card. I did not mind
    to swipe my card for security but I wanted to pay cash for the transaction, they would not let us pay in cash. Our
    bill was not 160 it had went to 305 due to the fact they made us take an insurance which other rental car places
    ask but do not force. Online there was no extra charge for booster seat but when we got the bill we were charged
    50 dollars. We should have just declined their service right there but we were on vacation and just got the key
    and went on even though they took an extra $140 out of our vacation fund. Then we returned the car and went to pay the bill and the exact same woman who took care of us on day one would not let us pay in cash--she said
    we should have paid in cash to start. You do not save any money with this company and they are low on the pole when it comes to service, do not even waste your time checking them out-- They are a SCAM.

• St
      12th of Sep, 2011

We recently rented a car from USAVE at the Lakeland FLorida airport. At the time of rental we had no other choice. they gave us a MD SIZED-Nissan Versa! It was crappy. We were told $300 for 10 days then when they billed us it was over $400 AND and extra $50 for a missing antennae!! WTH? cars don't have antennaes anymore!! The girl at the head office would not listen to my complaint and said I had to call Lakeland on my dime!! SCAM!! at least now we can us Hertz at that airport.

• Sg
      4th of Mar, 2012

In a nut shell this is what happened with this low class car rental franchise. Arrived at on a flight that was 1hr and 32mins late. Agent at U-save would not honor the reservation at the reserved price per day. Agent said "when you didn't show up on time we rented that car" and went on to say "but we do have a similar car available at about 20 dollars more a day" . Amazing but true, we decided to go ahead with the rental because they were the only game in town. One way to avoid this is take a cab to a near by above board car rental agency to rent a car or just fly in to Orlando instead. After reading other reviews about this particular franchise location, I see that we were not their first victim. If you do rent from them, be sure to read all the fine print with this company so they don t do the same thing to you as they did to us. Bottom line is that the rental costs us 147.00 more than agreed on.

• Lu
      26th of Aug, 2012

U-save ripped me off for $457. I rented online and when I got there they wanted over $800.00 more. I did not have the extra cash and they refused to give me my money back. I reserved online and within five hours I went to Myrtle Beach airport in SC to pick up the vehicle. The lady at the desk at first appeared like she wanted to help and VERY shortly afterward became very NASTY. I was renting a van to go to see my son graduate from the military. I never got the van or my money back. At first they said that there was a $50 penalty for cancelling. Shortly afterward, they said that I couldn't get nothing back. So I walked away with NOTHING, but $457.00 short.

• Ti
      2nd of Jan, 2018

USave is EXTREMELY pushy about obtaining the insurance for rentals. We picked up our car at night so wouldn't see a tiny scratch on side bumper so of course pointed it out to us upon drop-off & had us fill out accident report to fix scratch. That car wasn't worth fixing small scratch, it drove like a truck & was not the quality of a different car that we had requested. This is a scam for insurance co.