U.S. Xpress Enterprises / Terrible service!

Chattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:

After a little over a years faithful service to company which included being a Driver Trainer and Road test Examiner. I was involved in a single vehicle (my Truck) accident. The company placed me on unpaid suspension waiting the results of the safety committee investigation. After 6 weeks of not making any money and not being able to apply for any type of new work (because was still classified as employed by said company) the fired me for unsafe safety rating.

This mind you my only accident the whole time I was with company and up to this point not a single moving violation or ticket. While Driving down I-95 in New Haven Ct it was about 11:30 pm on Oct 8th 2007. It was raining, visibility was good, roads where wet but passable. I had just gone through the interchange of I-91 and I-95 headed south to Delaware on my dedicated account. A car traveling south bound pulled in front of me from the far left lane.

I was in the middle lane of 3. after about 100 yards the car put on his brakes for no apparent reason. I applied my brakes and my ABS on the tractor failed causing the tractor brakes to lock up. The trailer (53' dry van) was empty and started to come around me.I ended up jack knifing and going through the guard rails taking out a light pole and into a set of trees along the side of the highway.

The truck was totaled. When the police arrived a witness told the state trooper what had happened, then I gave my statement as well. The Trooper then gave me a ticket for failure to maintain my lane. Said it was just a basic ticket and that all i had to do was pay it and it wouldn't even show up on my license.

I then had some friends come and get me and bring me to a hotel in Springfield Ma. Waited for a drug test guy to get there to test me for drugs and alcohol. (Which never was or ever would be in my system at any time). The next few days I repeatedly tried to get in touch with safety to let them know to check the truck and they would see that the ABS failed on the tractor. The Tractor was also scheduled to go to Volvo that coming weekend for some major repairs. The company just kept delaying me and telling me they were waiting for report from safety board. Well because I went 6 weeks without pay I was not able to pay the ticket.

Which has resulted in me losing my right to drive a commercial vehicle. And the report that USXPRESS made on my termination states unsafe safety rating.

Which in turn has made it impossible for me to get a job with any other trucking company.
Va

Comments

Ph
  30th of Apr, 2008
My husband is a recent graduate of a truck driving school, passed his test and ready to be an otr driver. USxpress had a recuriter go to the class wanting drivers, the man lied about so much. He was promised 7 days out 2 days home, LIE - a set wage PLUS school reimbursement LIE (you get less per mile if you choose school reimbursement), you can stay at the hotel instead of the bunk house for three days and get a discount from the school LIE (two day max but they tell you to get there night before) Insurance is HIGH - you go to orienation for three days but this is not a guarentee of hirer. My husband has passed all test, everything is fine except now they want his w2 from last year. if told this before going to orientation for three days, two hours away, he would have brought it with him. but now they need it right now and he is being sent home with no job because he did not have it. these people are stupid.

U.S. Xpress Logo U.S. Xpress