Us Search / Cramming My Bank Account

1 PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 724.324.3261

In June 2009, I completed a small transaction with US Search for $4.95.

A few months later, a new $14 charge showed up on my bank account for a "membership." I never asked for or authorized a membership. The $14 charge put my account into a negative balance, and my bank charged me a $34 penalty.

When I called US Search, they offered to issue me a credit almost before all the words were out of my mouth. I asked that if my bank did not clear the penalty charge, would they also credit me the $34. I was put on the phone with a supervisor who clearly said, "Yes."

When I called my bank, I was disappointed they refused to clear the charge, their attitude being, "It's your problem. US Search should pay the penalty, and you should contact the Better Business Bureau." I contacted US Search again -- only to be told its records showed two transactions: the first one in June and a membership in August. They refuse to refund the $34 penalty fee that they caused.

Like many in the United States, I am currently laid off and subsisting on a small unemployment check. So this is a major issue for me. If I was flush with money, I wouldn't hesitate hire an attorney and sue. Perhaps an attorney would like to take on US Search in a class action suit? I am just as frustrated with my bank for not backing me (or their entire customer base) by their lack of concern with US Search's fraud.

Comments

• Te
      4th of Sep, 2009

the same thing happened to me. I order one search, never got any results and now they are cramming my bank account.
    Google their supposed license number 329-0017714 and you've see these scammers operate under all sorts of names, but never really identify themselves. They show a physical adress in Florida, so I encourage everyone to complain to the Florida Attorney General

• Ly
      15th of Sep, 2009

You are not alone, File your complaint. I think if everybody did file a complaint against thiese scammer, maybe they will be remove from the internet.

• Pa
      22nd of Nov, 2009

Someone at USsearch used the debit card number I used to go on a spending spree 2 days after I used my debit card for a search that ended up being nothing but a lot of false information that caused a lot of grief.

Patty