Us Search / Unauthorized charges

I received a charge on my debit card from us search, i called in and disputed the charge with them, I never authorized use of service to begin with.

Va

Comments

• Jq
      12th of Oct, 2010

I got charged $1.95 for an un-authorized credit card charge. The credit card company flagged them as a fraud company and stopped payment. I called US Search from the number listed on the credit card transaction. They did in fact answer and state that the money had been refunded. When asked about what the charge was for, they stated that I had paid for a search service which did not return the results I needed so the money was going to be refunded. I have never heard of US Search, nor did I ever give a credit card number to such any service even remotely near that. They are ripping people off and should burn for the time wasted in having to get a new credit card!

All the Info I have on this pathetic attempt of a company:

US SEARCH 888-999-4384 CA 0
    UNITED STATES
    Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase

• Ge
      18th of Jan, 2013

I was charged $19.95 per month for two years after intending to pay for a one-time search. When I called the 8889994384 number to complain, they cheerfully closed my account but I'm out nearly $500 for a service that I was not aware I had agreed to.