United Steel Buildings / Harrassment

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I completed the compan's on-line forms requesting a price quote. I received a voice-mail the very next day. I did not return the call. That first week, I received at least one, sometimes two, call per day every day. I started recognizing the 925 area code, and would just not answer. I got tired of listening to the phone ring and ring, so I set-up call forwarding directly to my voice mail.

By the second week, I started receiving 3 or 4 phone calls a day. By the third week, I was receiving 8 to 10 calls PER DAY. I got calls at 7:20AM, 7:24AM, 7:40AM, 8:05AM, etc., etc.

I started researching this company on-line, and found complaint after complaint. Stay away from this company at all costs.

Comments

• Rm
      22nd of Sep, 2008
    united steel buildings - Bait and switch tactic
    United Steel Buildings

I had a complaint on this board about United Steel quoting us one price and then after 2 deposits, raising the price, not doing what they said, etc. and now my post is gone.

14th of Jan, 2010

This exact thing happened to many a couple of years ago. The incoming calls were unbelievalbe and even after asking them to stop calling, they wouldn't. I would block the calls on my phone, but they used multiple numbers so it became impossible. I ended up filing a complaint with FTC for the harassment. Quite frankly, I was more pissed that they woke me up at 7 am every single day for weeks.

• Fr
      23rd of Jul, 2010
    united steel buildings - I ordered a building, they took my deposit, then upped the price for the building, now refuse to refund my money.
    United Steel Buildings

I ordered a steel building from United Steel buildings, of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. the sent me a purchase order with building specifications with total price listed, asked for an $1, 800 deposit, then upped the price. They then refused to return my deposit.